Opening Range Breakout (ORB) Scanner for ThinkorSwim

K

kelbadawi

how come i dont receive alerts for stock which break out or below ORB? the alert only pops up is if i click on the ticker to switch to it

D

dmillz

My watchlist scanner on the left column doesn't update was blank most of the day i had to manually scan in the scan tab. anyone know why?

markos

markos

VIP
My watchlist scanner on the left column doesn't update was blank most of the day i had to manually scan in the scan tab. anyone know why?
@dmillz chat with TOS support, They have been upgrading.

A

achillez16

I dont see "Within 2 bars" field when i try to add the scanner. Does any one know why ?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@achillez16 Expand the screen while you're creating your scanner. Sometimes it gets hidden at the bottom.

Piper792

Piper792

Any way you could toggle the green cloud on/off in the ORB Settings? Or what code to change the color to tone it down a bit?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Piper792 Toggle the cloud option to yes in your indicator's settings.

Piper792

Piper792

Thanks BenTen - Must have an older version, didn't see that Cloud toggle. Will try another one. I was really just looking for a basic script for the OR.

O

Orly

Hello Mr Ben Ten. Hope you are doing well. Is there a way to remove all the bubbles(PC, RO, etc) in the ORB indicator? Just unchecking them in the settings does not seem to work. Thank you in advance for your time and help. Have a great one.

Piper792

Piper792

Thanks! @BenTen Looking to add/get code for the opening price on Futures charts for the Market Open of the day, so 9:30est. Futures are 24/5 so haven't been able to add this with other code I've seen. Any ideas?

T

TOSTrader

VIP
@15minofpham You can use this code:

Rich (BB code):
# 30 min opening range
# Robert Payne
# WalkingBallista Watchlist

def OpenRangeMinutes = 30;
def MarketOpenTime = 0930;
input ShowTodayOnly = yes;

def Today = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() then 1 else 0;
def FirstMinute = if SecondsFromTime(MarketOpenTime) < 60 then 1 else 0;
def OpenRangeTime = if SecondsFromTime(MarketOpenTime) < 60 * OpenRangeMinutes then 1 else 0;

def ORHigh =  if FirstMinute then high else if OpenRangeTime and high > ORHigh[1] then high else ORHigh[1];
def ORLow = if FirstMinute then low else if OpenRangeTime and low < ORLow[1] then low else ORLow[1];

def OpenRangeHigh = if ShowTodayOnly and !Today then Double.NaN else if !OpenRangeTime then ORHigh else Double.NaN;
def OpenRangeLow = if ShowTodayOnly and !Today then Double.NaN else if !OpenRangeTime then ORLow else Double.NaN;

def dailyRange = high(period = "day" )[1] - low(period = "day" )[1];
def range = Average(dailyRange, 10);

plot status = if close > OpenRangeHigh then 1 else if close < OpenRangeLow then 0 else -1;
status.AssignValueColor(if status == 1 then Color.Dark_Green else if status == 0 then Color.Dark_Red else Color.Dark_Orange);
AssignBackgroundCOlor(if status == 1 then Color.Dark_Green else if status == 0 then Color.Dark_Red else Color.Dark_Orange);
This gives me a NaN value when added to my watchlist.

A

ATLOptionsTrader

VIP
Thanks for all you guys do! I have a question about the shaded ORB, how can we change that to a lighter shade of green or something else?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ATLOptionsTrader You would have to modify the code. Look for the AddCloud variable.

V

Vimal Mittal

@netarchitech What is “limiter” means? Sorry for lack of my knowledge . I am new. Thanks.