Micro E-mini vs SPY ETF

V

vandell001

VIP
Hello Gang, I am planning on trying my hand at the Micro E-mini S&P future. I know TD Ameritrade wants $1,500.00 in the account to trade futures and about $660 is needed to trade one contract. A full point move in the micro e-mini is worth $5.
I don't have any knowledge of the SPY ETF, if any of you are trading that could you give me some insight...Thanks.

W

whats up

Hello Gang, I am planning on trying my hand at the Micro E-mini S&P future. I know TD Ameritrade wants $1,500.00 in the account to trade futures and about $660 is needed to trade one contract. A full point move in the micro e-mini is worth $5.
I don't have any knowledge of the SPY ETF, if any of you are trading that could you give me some insight...Thanks.
you know nothing about SPY?
i am new to this site, but my advice is put your deposit on TD and let them give you a paper account Platform
learn how trading the SPY here is video you can start

W

whats up

you know nothing about SPY?
i am new to this site, but my advice is put your deposit on TD and let them give you a paper account Platform
learn how trading the SPY here is video you can start
they are more video you can learn from

V

vandell001

VIP
The info I'm looking for is, what is the cost of a contract of SPY, how much money does one point equate to, and does it fall under the PDT rule.

C

chillc15

The info I'm looking for is, what is the cost of a contract of SPY, how much money does one point equate to, and does it fall under the PDT rule.
The Micro E-mini S&P 500 symbol /MES is a tick size .25 with a tick value of $1.25 and a initial margin currently of $693. You can find this and all other futures by simply clicking the drop down on your chart symbol and going to the futures tabs where it lists all the futures with tick size, tick value and margin requirements. Futures is not restricted by PDT. As whats up said use the paper trading before using real money.

V

vandell001

VIP
Hey chillc15, and what are the particulars on the SPY

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@vandell001 If you don't know what the SPY ETF is, you probably shouldn't be trying to trade /ES futures. IMO.
There is a lot of education available in video from the TDAmeritrade website.

Blowing up a trading account is not what anyone here wants to see.
The SPY is not a futures contract. You can buy an option contract though.

Education and papertrading come first until you have formulated YOUR type of trade. There is NO holy grail in trading.
Good luck, take your time, it will come to you with research and papertrading.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Questions 7