Last Candle Price vs Stock Price

deansafeleen

VIP
Any idea what is causing the price of a stock on my chart to be different from the real time price? This is occurring with every symbol. Thank You in advance.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean. The actual price of AMD is 205.13, but the chart shows a price of 205.16. This is happening in real time with all symbols. This issue is not occurring when not using these indicators. Any idea to to sync the chart price with the actual price?

shared link:
http://tos.mx/6V7O3PA

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    129.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The discrepancy in price also occurs consistently during the day session. It is always off by a few cents, for every equity symbol.
For the price quoted at the top of the chart and near the ticker symbol this would be the Last price traded at, as it is next to the Bid (B:) and Ask (A:) quotes.
Last price will be at or between the Bid and Ask quotes.
Bid and Ask quote difference can be narrow or wide depending on how actively the product is traded.

The price on the right side of the chart is the Close price, which is not the tradeable or Last price at which the trader buys/sells. The Active Trader sidebar shows the Bid/Ask orders being placed.
Is there something in my chart setup causing there to be a 5 minute discrepancy?

As explained, it is not a discrepancy.
The 5 min timeframe close at 3:55 pm vs the day final close price which is the 4:00pm open
So as long as you are on the 5min timeframe, the LAST candle occurs at 3:55pm
(which I should have realized what the OP was talking about, thank you @Ramisegal (y)).
You can turn on extended hours to see additional candles.

Last edited:
As explained, it is not a discrepancy.

So as long as you are on the 5min timeframe, the LAST candle occurs at 3:55pm
(which I didn't realize, thank you @Ramisegal (y) as I do not work with the lowest timeframes).
You can turn on extended hours to see additional candles.
The discrepancy in price also occurs consistently during the day session. It is always off by a few cents, for every equity symbol.

For the price quoted at the top of the chart and near the ticker symbol this would be the Last price traded at, as it is next to the Bid (B:) and Ask (A:) quotes.
Bid and Ask quote difference can be narrow or wide depending on how actively the product is traded.

The price on the right side of the chart is the Close price, which is not the tradeable or Last price at which the trader buys/sells. The Active Trader sidebar shows the Bid/Ask orders being placed.

Solution
I think there some other problem in the transition because yesterday the Analyze tab => Risk Profile was wrongly showing curves and I send an email about that. apparently today it is working, surely not because of my claim. patience is the name of the game here and also some tolerance apparently

I think there some other problem in the transition because yesterday the Analyze tab => Risk Profile was wrongly showing curves and I send an email about that. apparently today it is working, surely not because of my claim. patience is the name of the game here and also some tolerance apparently
Understood. But today and every day, the real time live price is different than my charts right axis live price. Futures are fine, but equities are having this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    144.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Interesting, when I switch to daily of weekly chart, price is in sync. Anything below these and price is off.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.