Is there a Dollar Volume Indicator in ThinkorSwim?

• Thread starter GuitarSlinger81
  • Start date
GuitarSlinger81

GuitarSlinger81

Is anyone aware of an indicator that displays as bars just like volume, but instead of share volume it's dollar volume? I did some Googling and looked around in TOS, but I couldn't find anything. Perhaps if this doesn't exist it would make a good first project for me, since I'm learning ThinkScript.

J

JL356

IS there a watchlist column, to convert shares to millions (37,235,451 to 37M) have one for volume, but not shares. Thanks in advance.

Thanks @GuitarSlinger81, all i want is a way to translate the shares amount, to Millions, to they dont take so much space. (51,125,478 to 51.2M)

evanevans

evanevans

How can I get DollarVolume to show up as an addable column in a scan?

I created the following study:

Code:
plot DollarVolume = close * volume;

# DollarVolume

AddLabel(yes, AsDollars(DollarVolume), Color.WHITE);
But it doesn't show up in the list for columns in the scan tab.

evanevans

evanevans

Can anybody help with this? trying to make a custom column study to show the current cumulative dollars traded on the day (volume * price each minute added together). @Welkin my buddy, how are you?

Code:
def RunningDollarVolume = CompoundValue(1, (RunningDollarVolume[1]*Close[1]) + (volume*close), volume*close);

plot TotalDollarVolume = RunningDollarVolume;

evanevans

evanevans

Ok, nevermind, I think I got it. Here's the SHARE LINK to the code, for anyone who wants to add it as a column:
http://tos.mx/yaHbUmX

CODE:

Code:
def RunningDollarVolume = CompoundValue(1, (RunningDollarVolume[1]) + (volume*close), volume*close);

plot TotalDollarVolumeMM = Round(RunningDollarVolume/1000000,1);
FYI, because it was putting out some large numbers, I rounded it to the millions.

evanevans

evanevans

Does anybody know how to make a DollarVolume lower indicator, so instead of Volume it plots DollarVolume? It would look the same as volume, just the units expressed would not be volume of shares/contracts traded in one bar, but rather in Dollars (Volume*(OHLC/4)) or perhaps it can be reverse engineered from VWAP.