Is there a course on thinkScript?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@autoloader I have to say using the OneNote app on the Mac was a nightmare for me. It's much easier doing so on a Windows computer. Regardless, the app or on the regular web page should work.

autoloader

autoloader

@autoloader I have to say using the OneNote app on the Mac was a nightmare for me. It's much easier doing so on a Windows computer. Regardless, the app or on the regular web page should work.

Thank you for the response! Yeah, OneNote doesn't seem to translate to Mac very well. I think I'll probably just delete it and use a simple web browser instead.

T

Trader 99

Hello
I am a new member of the Forum but I have 6 years of experience in Forex
I have an important question, please.
What is ThinkScript accurately?
1- Is it just about the back-test for indicators?
2- Or is it about back-test and automated trading as well? I mean, can we use ThinkScript for fully automated trading (like an expert advisor) for a real and demo account at Ameritrade?
Thanks

A

Alex

VIP
@Trader 99 It is the scripting language for the thinkorswim platform. You can make and backtest various indicators. Unfourenetly thinkorswim does not support automated trading.

T

Trader 99

@Trader 99 It is the scripting language for the thinkorswim platform. You can make and backtest various indicators. Unfourenetly thinkorswim does not support automated trading.
Ok, Thank you Alex

D

DoQtorNo

Howdy and good afternoon,

Looking for assistance/guidance on coding the basic concept: I have coded a script to check for the previous days close and today's opening to determing if it opens higher or lower . If it opens higher there are a set of conditions to be performed and the same goes for if it opens lower. I reckon the next step is to determine what price is doing. Overall, I would like a chart label to provide and up to the minute or based off the chart timeframe status on where the price action is in relation to the volume (i.e. someting to say that the price is going up or down and the volume is going up or down). Maybe even have an arrow to show up when price starts going up but the volume is less that 20% of the average for the day (which i am defining as low volume).

Any ideas sugestions?