Is there a course on thinkScript?

N

nassau35

Hello all,

I hope you all a great Monday, i made my account here because is a very interesting page / community. I want to know where I can find a course about thinkscript? From zero to advance so I can dominate how to create indicators.

Thank you in advance to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nassau35

@BenTen Thanks a lot! For the supprot and so quick response! I definitely go to each option to lesrn more.

@kbtarl Thank you very much for this channel I will see this for sure!

@markos Thank you markos for the advice and support. I am student in programming full-stack and I think would be nice if I can do something usefull like all the tools I found in this website and share it. Now I am in my phone but, I will see it my laptop. Do you know if I can modify an indicator let say the reversal indicator that I saw in other part from this website ans try it to make it a scan and then share it here again? Do you would be any problem? Thanks a lot!

korygill

korygill

VIP
@horserider Definitely if you are new to coding, those topics are very good. If you are a coder in some other language, will be a quicker read but also put you in the right mindset to code like thinkscript wants (which is different than c/c++/c#, etc).

Another good way to learn is to read the code for existing studies.

markos

markos

VIP
@nassau35 thank you for being so polite. You are welcome to take any study and modify it to your benefit. The only thing that we would ask of you is to leave the original citation on top of the script so that everyone knows where it came from. Put your name and date underneath the original citation.

The advice you have been given regarding how to learn think script are all good. Some learn from reading tlc.thinkorswim.com while others learn from dissecting scripts that they have come across. I personally have learned the most from the Universe of Thinkscript in the tutorial section, as posted above.

A little background, as I know it to be, is that thinkscript is its own unique language that has its roots in Java. It was created as a new language by a number of Russian Programmers. There are many things that would be nice to have in this language but as I understand it, Arrays is the biggest one that hinders us from creating a more complex script.

Take your time learning how to be a trader/investor. Find one area that interests you and become proficient at it, whether it is daytrading, swing trading, position trading, or trend trading. There is a great big world out there that is easy to get lost in.

Where are you learning to trade from? What books have you read? Stick around, this is a great site. Good luck and could trading.

T

Trading51

2019 Donor
Hello If I wanted to learn how to clean up code like remove parts that are not of any use ones that may take up machine power, Is there any specific way to do this? like, remove all the inputs that have the same name? let me know if you could help me learn this thanks.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Trading51 This question is too general. Post a piece of code that you like to clean up and we’ll help you out.

T

Trading51

2019 Donor
@Trading51 This question is too general. Post a piece of code that you like to clean up and we’ll help you out.
Maybe this will make it easier if I ## does that leave that specific code out in a way where the machine doesn't use any power, that was my main concern if it doesn't have any effect after I ## then I'm good let me know thanks

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Trading51 Adding “#” to a line of code is one way of disabling it. You may call this clean up if you wish. However, what if that line of code is being used by another function? In that case, ToS will return an error.

O

onthing

Dear Gurus,
Can you please any tips on learning/mastering ThinkScript? From where to start and how to practice it.
or any other tips based on individual learning experience.
I've basic knowledge of computer.

Thanks,
SV

Dezdewdad

Dezdewdad

hi group is there a section for script basics on writing in this forum? I'm looking to write a script that can recognize a three (or more bar move.) in a trend Bear or Bullish.

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
VIP
I don't think so but check out the Thinkscript Tutorial by TOS. Also check Youtube for some thinkscript tutorials. Here is one...

Als you may want to just go into the source code of different scripts and see what's under the hood.