Improve Mobius Price Range Color Lower Study?

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
What are some ideas to turn this upper study that paints the candles into a lower study of some sort? A cross over between two lines...perhaps a histogram...what are some ideas to turn this study into a lower study that makes sense? Trying to get a visual across different timeframes of what makes the candles change color.
Code:
# Price Range Color
# Mobius
# Smooths price over a range of bars eliminating noise

input range = 4;

def h = Highest(high, range);
def l = Lowest(low, range);
def c = close;
def Data = if ((c - l) / (h - l)) > .5
            then low - TickSize()
            else high + TickSize();
AssignPriceColor(if data < low then color.green else color.red);

inthefutures

inthefutures

duplicate the code into a declared lower and plot a histogram. but would need to be a separate study. there maybe there ways to do this but that is what I would do.

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
duplicate the code into a declared lower and plot a histogram. but would need to be a separate study. there maybe there ways to do this but that is what I would do.
hmm...whats's the line of script that would need to be used for the histogram? I am not much of a coder and I get a plot error. I would like to see how this indicator looks like a lower study. This plots extremely fast as a candle paint study...SO I was thinking maybe there would be some use if converted into a lower study to see what makes this study change the candles to paint the candles...and use that on multiple timeframes as a form of a momentum study.

Similar to how the RSI crossing the 5 SMA...as a lower study you can see the RSI raising and across multiple timeframes you can make a determination of placing a trade in the right direction...Just not sure how to go about something like this...I have compared the two in a different study and there are times where the RSI crossing the 5 SMA is quicker but at times it is delayed and Price Range Color plots faster.

inthefutures

inthefutures

Code:
# Price Range Color
# Mobius
# Smooths price over a range of bars eliminating noise

declare lower;
input range = 4;

def h = Highest(high, range);
def l = Lowest(low, range);
def c = close;
def Data = if ((c - l) / (h - l)) > .5
            then low - TickSize()
            else high + TickSize();
#AssignPriceColor(if data < low then color.green else color.red);
plot histo = data;
histo.setPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
histo.AssignValueColor(if histo > histo[2]  then Color.GREEN else  Color.RED );

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
Thank You...I wouldn't have figured that out by myself...I will test this out today and will update...

inthefutures

inthefutures

i did not test it on the platform, i coded that in the chat so let me know if it does not work

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
@inthefutures This does work as a histogram...Gives a better over all representation as a histogram than what I had previously had as "POINTS" in the lower study. I wanted to see how this study would work with the SuperTrend Yahoo...on a 1000 Tk chart for a SPY strategy I am working on...