Hull Moving Average Turning Points and Concavity (2nd Derivatives)

rad14733

VIP
I have the upper study named as "Concavity" and put in the scanner but I received "no such variable at 1:45 at least one plot should be defined at 1:1 and Expected double at 1:51 .... help?

Did you use the code in the scanner or did you "reference" the code...??? Without seeing the exact code you are using it will be hard to be of help... It is far easier to "reference" a study than add all of the code into the scanner...

Did you use the code in the scanner or did you "reference" the code...??? Without seeing the exact code you are using it will be hard to be of help... It is far easier to "reference" a study than add all of the code into the scanner...
I went to the scanner cleared out the ADXCrossover and went to custom. Went to the thinkscript Editor and pasted it in. The code I used was the
Concavity("hma length" = 55, price = CLOSE)."buy" is true within 2 bars

Heck, all I really want is for the scanner to give me stocks that have had the HULL 200 turn from dark green to light green, on the daily chart

Last edited:

rad14733

VIP
I went to the scanner cleared out the ADXCrossover and went to custom. Went to the thinkscript Editor and pasted it in. The code I used was the

My Study is named differently but here is an example of the results... With the length set to 200 I got 928 results... You never mentioned timeframe... Are you looking for results for this Study specifically or just HMA in general...???

eIq1rTs.png

I'm very sorry, I'm new here, AND a new grandfather. I'm trying to learn to code and am planning on being a member here soon. But I'm running into problems that seem to be easy, but I'm having difficulty.

I have the Concavity study from page 1... the upper study. I took out the alerts code at the bottom of the script because it was telling me "expected double at 51:1 no such variable buy at 51.19 sell at 52.19 I found the scanner that I wanted on page one of this thread :

SCANS​

@mailbagman2000 , Scans, yes...
Scan 1 -- Buy signals.

This scan relies on the upper study being called "Concavity" and is entered on the scan page as a custom.
Code:

But when I go to "scan" then "study" delete the adxcrossover click on the thinkscript editor tab and then put in "Concavity("hma length" = 55, price = CLOSE)."buy" is true within 2 bars I get :

No such variable "buy" at 1:45
At least one plot should be defined at 1:1
Expected double at 1:51

Is it because I took out the alerts on the upper study script? And if so, why am I getting the alerts problem with the upper study?

MerryDay

VIP
Last edited:
To Scan For Turning Points
@Ronathan Edwards Lets start at the beginning and assume that you have not done anything yet.
Part One -- (if you skip this part the scanner in part two will not work)
The script in post#1 is not correct but the shared link is correct so use that:
Shared Link: https://tos.mx/cgKFdmm
How To Load A Shared Link

Part Two --
Import the link for the scanner:
Shared Link: http://tos.mx/KOMD3wX
0o2PxC3.png

5FLxz1v.png

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway :)... No trade should ever be entered into based on one indicator or one time frame
Read more: Basic Tenets Of A Good Strategy
Amazing, amazing, amazing! You made my weekend! Thank you sooo much! I owe you a Scotch!

mashume

VIP
@mashume it looks like the script that is pasted for the upper study in post#1 is wrong. All the code that comes after Ma_max is missing.
The shared link is correct though. Could you check and edited it, in your spare time.

Have I told you enough how much I love this indicator! :)
I;ll see if i can get the right code back in place today

thanks for the heads up!

-mashume

solaris

To Scan For Turning Points
@Ronathan Edwards Lets start at the beginning and assume that you have not done anything yet.
Part One --
The script in post#1 is not correct but the shared link is correct so use that:
Shared Link: https://tos.mx/cgKFdmm Save the study under the name: Hull_Mashume. (if you skip this part the scanner in part two will not work)
How To Load A Shared Link

Part Two --
Import the link for the scanner:
Shared Link: http://tos.mx/KOMD3wX
0o2PxC3.png

5FLxz1v.png

@solaris You can create your own scan using the logic in this post, or you can import the shared link.
Be aware that the length was modified for a specific poster's request.
The default length should be 21. Change it in the scanner as follows:
wGvE7f9.png

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway :)... No trade should ever be entered into based on one indicator or one time frame
Read more: Basic Tenets Of A Good Strategy
Thanks so much for the help

mashume

VIP
I;ll see if i can get the right code back in place today

thanks for the heads up!

-mashume
I put the newest (v4) code into a new section in post 1 for this thread. For those who do not want mobile support, I left v3 in there as well.

-mashume

solaris

I put the newest (v4) code into a new section in post 1 for this thread. For those who do not want mobile support, I left v3 in there as well.

-mashume

-mashume
Thanks for the new V4Code, is there a major difference between V3 and V4 of the indicator

mashume

VIP
Thanks for the new V4Code, is there a major difference between V3 and V4 of the indicator
If I recall, the v4 has support for plotting colors on mobile. It does it by having separate plots (which you can then colour differently).

-mashume

Kapitalk12

Thank you for sharing this. Since ToS shareable links are still not working, I went ahead and posted the source code for both the upper and lower study directly into the post. I hope you don't mind
Is there a way to have a label that calculates The outstanding shares multiplied by the current price of the stock??

MerryDay

VIP
A poster requested a scan of turning points. Ma_min is a turning point. Read through the thread for more information. Pay attention to the discussion as to the lag.

You can change the scan to trigger on buy signal and review charts to determine which fits your strategy better
HTH