How To Scan For Strong Stocks

alokranjan3

VIP
I'm attempting to swing trade with breakouts. Can you, please, help to build a scanner for the following criteria (based on Stockbee's blog):
  • Price > $1
  • 4% breakout to new 20-day highs
  • Average daily traded volume > 100k shares
  • Range contraction above 10 and 20-day EMAs (exponential moving averages)
  • All major market averages are in a confirmed uptrend

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I specifically use Stockbee scans,..... and a specific watchlist. This lis a TOS scan I like which show's powerful stocks.... https://tos.mx/TEmgj6h
I know maybe you don't want to spend the money, but he's one of the best traders out there,... besides Quallmaggie, and there are others that openly share, with questions.... it's a great way to seriously begin a trading career. He's a terrific support.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I agree. I just can't believe it took this long for me to find out about him. He seems very helpful. I have also been watching Quallmaggie as well....very nice fellow who actually has answered many of my questions through twitter and his blog.

Thanks!!

These two traders and their minions are helping beat the pros and their gouging. When things are good, the market becomes one big hype, when it's difficult, and drops, all the easy money disappears. I urge you to check out Stockbee, so much reinforcement of his ideas, and developments. That creates more development and sharing, like on this site. There are terms like situational awareness, meaning, what's happening in the market, you have to be tuned in daily, and understand a bit more in depth. Social media is a big secret, I'm contrarian normally, up is down and vice versa.

I don't mind sharing, but you will be disappointed. I began using what I felt was the simplest chart, the kid in the video explained how indicators, multiple indicators were causing him to miss an entry because of conflicting signals, so slowly, he elimination one by one. My charts were simple, so, I went to volume and price. I count on the scans, then a few trendlines for entries. It doesn't interfere with the community here, but can influence how a scan is built? http://tos.mx/zu7W1qs
@Thomas Simplicity at its best. For a year now, I have been searching for the Holy Grail and chasing all kinds on indicators to help me make effective decisions. One indicators led to the other and in the end landed on Qullamaggie. Oh boy, the lightbulb in my head came alive. Now the indicators even make my eye hurt, the very thing I have been chasing for the longest time. It all boils down to Supply and Demand, Support and Resistance, and Setups.Stockbee is also amazing and I'm binging this weekend. BTW, your chart is really simple and amazing and I was wondering what the cyan signal means. Thanks in advance

@Thomas Simplicity at its best. For a year now, I have been searching for the Holy Grail and chasing all kinds on indicators to help me make effective decisions. One indicators led to the other and in the end landed on Qullamaggie. Oh boy, the lightbulb in my head came alive. Now the indicators even make my eye hurt, the very thing I have been chasing for the longest time. It all boils down to Supply and Demand, Support and Resistance, and Setups.Stockbee is also amazing and I'm binging this weekend. BTW, your chart is really simple and amazing and I was wondering what the cyan signal means. Thanks in advance
yes,...the indicators and any colored candles with black background are distracting and hurt the visual pattern recognition. Study Wycoff,...all the answers...for your description . Cyan signal,....I cannot recall what I shared,....but you are 100% on the right track.....look at 10K charts, not hard to do if you are looking through scans...mark up charts,.....I looked into the STRAT strategy that was introduced in a video recently, I pasted it into the charts , wow,...an indicator nightmare of jumbled crap. But it can be helpful for people who cannot recognize patterns.....specifically short term patterns.

yes,...the indicators and any colored candles with black background are distracting and hurt the visual pattern recognition. Study Wycoff,...all the answers...for your description . Cyan signal,....I cannot recall what I shared,....but you are 100% on the right track.....look at 10K charts, not hard to do if you are looking through scans...mark up charts,.....I looked into the STRAT strategy that was introduced in a video recently, I pasted it into the charts , wow,...an indicator nightmare of jumbled crap. But it can be helpful for people who cannot recognize patterns.....specifically short term patterns.
@Thomas. Yeah, I have been compiling 3yr 1D chart with the 10, 20, 50& 200 moving averages. It's really clear to see the breakout and EP setups as described by Qullamaggie.

@Thomas. Yeah, I have been compiling 3yr 1D chart with the 10, 20, 50& 200 moving averages. It's really clear to see the breakout and EP setups as described by Qullamaggie.
I discoverer a book called "The Candlestick trading Bible," with exercises for deep diving specific candle patterns and something far more simple than MA's snaking on your chart, price,...find it and do the exercises.

I discoverer a book called "The Candlestick trading Bible," with exercises for deep diving specific candle patterns and something far more simple than MA's snaking on your chart, price,...find it and do the exercises.
Does any one have for TOS the TC 2000 to think or swim scans for Stockbees anticipatian scan and momentum burst scan ? thanks so much

I specifically use Stockbee scans,..... and a specific watchlist. This lis a TOS scan I like which show's powerful stocks.... https://tos.mx/TEmgj6h
I know maybe you don't want to spend the money, but he's one of the best traders out there,... besides Quallmaggie, and there are others that openly share, with questions.... it's a great way to seriously begin a trading career. He's a terrific support.
I like this scan https://tos.mx/kZcXBaR

i would like to figure out on TOS how to do this scan(someone previously requested)
I'm attempting to swing trade with breakouts. Can you, please, help to build a scanner for the following criteria (based on Stockbee's blog):
  • Price > $1

I don't mind sharing, but you will be disappointed. I began using what I felt was the simplest chart, the kid in the video explained how indicators, multiple indicators were causing him to miss an entry because of conflicting signals, so slowly, he elimination one by one. My charts were simple, so, I went to volume and price. I count on the scans, then a few trendlines for entries. It doesn't interfere with the community here, but can influence how a scan is built? http://tos.mx/zu7W1qs
@Thomas this scan seems to be using best_flag_test study. Do you have it?

I'm not familiar with the scan that's discussed. There's no flag scan that I remember from Stockbee,....but maybe something's listed
in his blog,...please refer there.
Thanks. Thought you might have it since it was one of the criteria in the scan link you posted.

Do you have TOS versions of Stockbee TC 2000 scans. Tks

I like this scan https://tos.mx/kZcXBaR

i would like to figure out on TOS how to do this scan(someone previously requested)
  • Price > $1
the scan refers to study "best_flag_test". can you share it as well? Thks

I'm using this but with some additional criteria.
How can we get the Last price value? Last price is most recent price at the time scan is run
Trying to do something like :
Code:
last >= SimpleMovingAvg("length" = 20)."SMA"

I'm using this but with some additional criteria.
How can we get the Last price value? Last price is most recent price at the time scan is run
Trying to do something like :
Code:
last >= SimpleMovingAvg("length" = 20)."SMA"

Until a candle closes, the Close price is used the same as Last... So anywhere that Last isn't an option, Close works in its place...

Stockbee momentum burst on the site they say some members created the momentum burst scan for Tos, does anyone know the code ?
If you are short term swing trader, you need to be in stocks with momentum. Easy way to find such stocks in Telechart is by running a six month and two month momentum scan to generate a list of stocks.

In Telechart set up following PCF:

Six Month momentum

C / AVGC126

Two month momentum

C / AVGC42

Volume 3 days

MINV3.1 > 1000

In easyscan set up 2 easyscans

Six month momentum

Common Stocks
Six month momentum PCF set to list Rank >97
Volume 3 days =true
Price per share>3

Two Month Momentum

Two month momentum PCF set to list Rank >97
Volume 3 days =true
Price per share>3

Now look at the stocks in these two lists. These are the stocks currently favored by the market. To find trades from this you can sort the scan output by Price Percent Change 5 days and look at stocks with less than 5% price change in last five days. Those stocks are having a small pullback in their strong trend.

Stockbee momentum burst on the site they say some members created the momentum burst scan for Tos, does anyone know the code ?
@Dizzle This is a good thread to read on the subject. No one has come up w/ the momentum burst but some members have posts links to what they are currently using.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J how to scan for close strong? Questions 1
A Engulfing Candle Scan Questions 0
D Power X Scan Questions 0
A Bull/Bear 180 Scan Questions 0
T 3 day low and 8 day low scan Questions 0