How to draw a horizontal line that its distance from the upper bound stay constant in 1min/1day timeframe

nothingness99

Hi,

I am trying to draw a horizontal line on the UPPER chart that will use as the buy/sell signal (the color code of each square dot is coordinated with each bar's price action). How can I code this for my upper study? Thanks

Sorry I did not make it clear. Okie, I want to line up the squares (paintingstrategy.squares) horizontally like the picture below. The squares line will be nearby the labels and stay there throughout the 1min/1day time frame. I can archive this in the lower study as the picture. However, I could not do that in the study for the upper chart. The upper bound is just the top chart area. The logic for the color of each square, I already have in my code. I just want to bring this square line to the upper chart but I don't know how to make that line stay fixed (regardless of the high, close). Thank you

Square-Line.jpg

Hi,

I am trying to draw a horizontal line on the UPPER chart that will use as the buy/sell signal (the color code of each square dot is coordinated with each bar's price action). How can I code this for my upper study? Thanks

sorry, i have no idea what you are asking for.

1. what defines an upper bound?
2. what defines a buy/sell signal?
3. what is a , color code of each square dot?
4. what defines, coordinated with each bar's price action?

try to describe some rules , by telling us what happens to close, high, low,...

Sorry I did not make it clear. Okie, I want to line up the squares (paintingstrategy.squares) horizontally like the picture below. The squares line will be nearby the labels and stay there throughout the 1min/1day time frame. I can archive this in the lower study as the picture. However, I could not do that in the study for the upper chart. The upper bound is just the top chart area. The logic for the color of each square, I already have in my code. I just want to bring this square line to the upper chart but I don't know how to make that line stay fixed (regardless of the high, close). Thank you

Square-Line.jpg
that helps me understand.

you could use this,
def y = highestall(high);
to create the variable y, filled with the highestest price on the chart. if plotted, it would be a horizontal line.

then use y in the plot formula for the squares.
plot z = y * 1.01;
z.paintingstrategy(.. squares..)
z.AssignValueColor(
if cond1 then color yellow
else if cond2 then color.magenta
else color.gray);

or use something like this, to generate the reference level, without being complex.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/current-price-line-indicator-for-thinkorswim.8793/#post-95027

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Functions/Look---Feel/AssignValueColor

Thank you halcyonguy for the tips. I tried both methods but it seems the line shifting around when I zoom in on the chart. I found this code to plot the line on the bottom of the chart instead (and the line won't shift if I zoom in ). But I have to rewrite the code for the lower study and drag it up to the upper chart. Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.