How to change default colors of price levels

iam.frod

Is there a way to change the default color when marking price levels based on the time set on the chart. For example:

Green: price levels marked on the 15m chart
Blue: price levels marked on the 5m chart
Orange: price levels marked on the 1D chart

Thank you

rad14733

VIP
@iam.frod Are you referring to having the candle colors change based on timeframe...??? It can be done using logic similar to the following... This example code does not take into account different colors whether price is up or down, however...

Ruby:
# Find current timeframe in minutes
def min = GetAggregationPeriod() / 60000;

#Add conditional clauses here to change colors
AssignPriceColor(if min == 1 then Color.ORANGE else if min == 5 then Color.BLUE else if min == 15 then Color.GREEN else Color.MAGENTA);

iam.frod

Thanks @rad14733. I was referring to price levels that I may mark on the chart. When doing multiple time analysis, I typically set the color of my price level marks based on the time of the chart.

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@iam.frod Not possible. You would need to right-click on each price level and customize it to your liking. There can only be one default setting at a time for the Price Levels drawing tool.

rad14733

VIP
Thanks @rad14733. I was referring to price levels that I may mark on the chart. When doing multiple time analysis, I typically set the color of my price level marks based on the time of the chart.

Ok... Like @BenTen stated, it can't be done automagically... It would be impossible for a chart drawing to know what color you want want it to be...

I'll be implementing the concept I came up with on my charts just the same because I do change timeframes at times throughout the day and it will be nice having the color change to remind me of what alternate timeframe I left a chart in at a glance...