Helpful Additional Fib Retracement Properties For ThinkOrSwim

cabe1332

Indicators found on these charts: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/cabe1332-commonly-used-chart-indicators-for-thinkorswim.8853/

I would like to share what has worked for me in the last 3 weeks with great results.

I had problems with entries/exits and profit-taking on trending stocks.
I had indicators to tell me to sell signals only to miss out on greater opportunities.
I trade what I see and at times indi signals aren't perfect.

I found Fib retracement a great tool to use on pullbacks and good entries.
I've added additional extension properties to Fib retracement to provide me with exit targets on a trending stock at a single plot.

Once I have my entry/exit/stop-loss price set on a stock then I just wait and watch profits.
I use the next-level price properties for stop-loss.

If the trade did not work, then I move to the next stock opportunities.

I have attached some screenshots to show samples (images do show a thousand words and support the story).
I am a believer that if you help enough people, the money will come. Good Karma. Good luck and good trading! @cabe1332

gXFctWn.png

neq9tLV.png

Cy4D2Cr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Indicators found on these charts: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/cabe1332-commonly-used-chart-indicators-for-thinkorswim.8853/

I would like to share what has worked for me in the last 3 weeks with great results.

I had problems with entries/exits and profit-taking on trending stocks.
I had indicators to tell me to sell signals only to miss out on greater opportunities.
I trade what I see and at times indi signals aren't perfect.

I found Fib retracement a great tool to use on pullbacks and good entries.
I've added additional extension properties to Fib retracement to provide me with exit targets on a trending stock at a single plot.

Once I have my entry/exit/stop-loss price set on a stock then I just wait and watch profits.
I use the next-level price properties for stop-loss.

If the trade did not work, then I move to the next stock opportunities.

I have attached some screenshots to show samples (images do show a thousand words and support the story).
I am a believer that if you help enough people, the money will come. Good Karma. Good luck and good trading! @cabe1332

gXFctWn.png

neq9tLV.png

Cy4D2Cr.png
Could you please share where you started with the fibonacci template to input the numbers? I tried to used the Fibonacci under "Pattern" on top, but it didn't work.Thanks in advance.

Could you please share where you started with the fibonacci template to input the numbers? I tried to used the Fibonacci under "Pattern" on top, but it didn't work.Thanks in advance.
If you still want to change the fib properties, it is very easy to do. Just draw a fib on the chart with the drawing tool**, then right click anywhere on the fib drawing. That should bring up the fib properties dialog box as shown in the first image above on this thread. In the dialog box you can make changes for that fib drawing only or you can select Save as Default to change fib properties for all fibs you draw in the future.

Best wishes and happy trading!

**In TOS it is the percent sign (%) symbol in the drawing tools menu

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
404 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back