else 0);

def HLv = if HLd != 0 then HLd else 0;

plot HiLo = if HLv == -1
           then SimpleMovingAvg(high, HPeriod)
           else SimpleMovingAvg(low, LPeriod);

HiLo.AssignValueColor(if HLv==-1 then Color.Red else Color.Green);

D

DAGATM

is it possible to record the procedure on you tube because Im haveissues on installing it on my tradeview

theelderwand

theelderwand

2019 Donor
VIP
@DAGATM This indicator for the ThinkOrSwim platform. So I'm not sure if you can install this code in TradingView

L

leakywaders

Very slick coding. I’ll try it out. Really like the logic - great job to the original creator and EW for the conversion. The coding popped up in a search for something I’m working on but the indicator itself appears very useful! Thanks to all!

JADragon3

JADragon3

@theelderwand Is it possible to make this MTF ? I've tried to add it myself but , it is beyond my comprehension.

theelderwand

theelderwand

2019 Donor
VIP
@JADragon3 You mean something like below ?

Rich (BB code):
# Gann High Low
# Converted by theelderwand
# Original https://in.tradingview.com/script/XNQSLIYb-Gann-High-Low/

input aggregationPeriod=AggregationPeriod.DAY;
input HPeriod= 13;
input LPeriod= 21;

def HLd = if close > SimpleMovingAvg(high(period = aggregationPeriod), HPeriod)[1]
          then 1
          else (if close< SimpleMovingAvg(low(period = aggregationPeriod), LPeriod)[1]
                then -1
                else 0);

def HLv = if HLd != 0 then HLd else 0;

plot HiLo = if HLv == -1
           then SimpleMovingAvg(high(period = aggregationPeriod), HPeriod)
           else SimpleMovingAvg(low(period = aggregationPeriod), LPeriod);

HiLo.AssignValueColor(if HLv==-1 then Color.Red else Color.Green);

E

ext99k

@theelderwand Thanks a lot for this!

Also do you think you could please update the code so we can customize the colors of the high and low lines? Thanks again

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ext99k How is that possible? Are you able to click “Create new...” and copy/paste the code in there?

E

ext99k

@BenTen Thanks for letting me know, I didn't realize, for some strange reason! :)

JADragon3

JADragon3

@theelderwand That is exactly what I am talking about. Greatly appreciated. Thank you sir , you rock.

Would you be interested in experimenting with a volume weighted MA HiLo or possibly even a VWAP HiLo ? I'm not sure what the possibilities are , figured I would ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
theelderwand

theelderwand

2019 Donor
VIP
@ext99k Unfortunately that wouldn't be as you cannot define color as an input. What's with the volume weighted MS HiLo or VWAP HiLo ?? Better to join the discord group. I'm quite active there.

JADragon3

JADragon3

@ext99k Unfortunately that wouldn't be as you cannot define color as an input. What's with the volume weighted MS HiLo or VWAP HiLo ?? Better to join the discord group. I'm quite active there.

Is there a discord chat I am missing out on ?

J

jhilou

Hi @ADragon3 .
On the GAN HILO script, can you add a buy/sell bubble when GAN line crosses the candles?
I am new, so I am not sure I am doing this right.
Thanks

JADragon3

JADragon3

Hi @ADragon3 .
On the GAN HILO script, can you add a buy/sell bubble when GAN line crosses the candles?
I am new, so I am not sure I am doing this right.
Thanks
Hi jhilou , I'm not a coder. If I knew how I would most definitely help you out. @theelderwand created this indi. Hopefully he or someone else will see this and fill your request at some point.

E

ext99k

@theelderwand would appreciate it if you or someone could please update the code to support mobile! right now it is a single color line so we cannot tell when the trend has changed - thank you!