List of "Must Have" Fishing Ponds and Indicators for ThinkorSwim

Can anyone please provide the actual TOS study for the "ThreeXoscillator" in ugaotraders post? Looked and can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator

hey i was wondering what are some of the best momentum indicators for scalping 1 minute charts any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Hi @BenTen Did you also use the above for intraday setting like 1D1M or 1D5M? After going trough 30+hrs of reading posts, I have came to aconclusion to use the above indicators which other experts suggested to keep it as simple as possible. I tried your triangle studies you suggested but its very hard to draw manually and trade at the same time.
Also, while going through One note archives I came across very wise man's suggestion "

Mobius©: I use a very simple method – RSI Laguerre and Fractal Energy on a list of very liquid stocks. I look for polarity change and trade when both RSI and FE are in “confluence”. If volatility is high enough I sell spreads if not I buy them. Other than hedging (which I do a lot of) that's it.
I like it simple." I will also use it. Thanks

@horserider Can I receive a copy of these volatility indicator thank you. The video you posted on post 57, is there anyway to access some of those bands for option trading? I do not see a link under 5he video for those script that you spoke about in the video regarding standard deviation. Thank you

Based on your experience, what is the best buy and sell indicator on this site. What indicator can you just buy when it says buy and make the most money? Any response will be helpful

The million dollar question would be what is the best exit indicator...Plenty of great indicators to get it on...but exit???

That's my point. I don't use any indicator for my exists. I just set my stop and take profit and let the trade play out. if i'm wrong so be it. gotta stick to your original plan so emotions don't get in the way.

@martyrjohn What is the timeframe? What types of products? Are you considering staring at the screen all day?
Indicators do nothing but Indicate. That's all. They help you decide the probability that the price action you are looking at is in your favor.

Sometimes that's the best way...Have a target in mind and a daily profit goal. As of right now I am a firm believer that the best exit or entry indicator is simply a lower timeframe based on a higher timeframe entry.

Hey Everyone! New Trader. Been doing a LOT of study in TOS, and when trying to find way to optimize, I found this site, and not only am I blown away, I'm a little overwhelmed.

I realize there's no 'magic answer' to this, but I'm hoping some of yall might chime in with your recommended first few indicators, studies, etc to make it easier for me to learn as i'm going. I have quite a few that I love already, From VWAP study and TOS study, to some of the RSI laguerre and VBI indicator.

I've messed around with a lot of the ichimoku and mobius stuff. Obviously, I know the ultimate answer is keep learning, but, i love to learn from others!
Any direction? THANK YOU!

Hello! I am curious as to what some of everyone's trading processes and strategies they use for consistent profits. I know there are obviously plenty of strategies on this site shown, but I want to see what a majority of people use.

Just my opinion, but you shouldn't be using ichimoku and mobius indicators as a new trader.
I have been trading for 12 years now. If I could go back in time, I would have spent the first 6 months doing this:
1. Use the TOS paper trading to hone my skills before actually trading for 6 months
2. Plot popular moving averages on stocks with prices above their 55 day EMA (5 ema, 13, ema, 21 ema) (stocks above 55 ema are typically bullish on the daily)
3. Play around with indicators (still in paper trading) with #2
4. Once you get a style and indicators you are comfortable with, (and are making money CONSISTENTLY with paper trading) start trading for real

This is very nice advice, thank you. I'm incredibly comfortable with ichimoku for some reason. Everything makes sense to me. The last week has been playing with paper, and I've been up on 80% of my choices. I think Thursday and Friday were just weird days. I'll keep playing around with your advice. Thank you for the feedback!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum but what are some of yall's favorite and most reliable indicators?
Maybe the indicator that you like, understand, and can make money with is the best indicator, for you.

Good Evening everyone. Didn't see a place to say hello so I hope this is the correct place. I'm new to both trading and TOS. I'm currently a member of True Trading Group headed by Mike Edwards. I've been through his intro and advance courses and working on the rest of the training he offers. I've been using the paper trading side of TOS to practice with while going through this training. I'm looking to learn all I can and hopefully find things that will help me be more profitable. My current plan is to do to scalp trading and day trading. If and when I build my account up I'll look at long term investing.

What indicators do you all recommend for new folks like myself? I'm currently using VWAP, EMA9, SMA 50,200, MACD, Chalkin and Volume. My charts are setup like this currently. Intraday at 1m, 3m, 5m and 15m. Then I have a total chart looking at the total life of the stock.

Right now I mostly trade Futures but I would like to transition into options trading.

Can someone share which options trading strategies or indicators you are currently doing/using with a high success rate?

Maybe we can combine indicators to give us better entry/exits.

Right now I'm using this indicator posted from @BillMurray. Once the stochasticslow hits 0, I wait to see the reversal and buy (paper trading options right now)

Last edited:
I am really thankful to have a opensource forum like usethinkscript and would like to pay it forward. Most of the time I invest my time to search this forum for new indicators or ideas. So want to start a new thread where everyone can share there favorite indicator or thread from this forum and why?
What is the timeframe it worked for you etc.

Here you go.. there are many indicators i use but below is the favorite one.

1. SwingArm - https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...railing-stop-and-fibonacci-retracements.2486/

I like this on 30 min and the 4h/D for swing trading for Futures and Stocks.

Whats yours?

I recently joined this site as a VIP member and have had a great time testing and making small tweaks to some of the indicators that have caught my eye in this community. I know there is a lot here, but I wonder if you could share your favorite indicator here, post the code or link, and explain what you like most about it. I will be the first to add a post.

My favorite indicator is a momentum indicator that was posted by FateOwnzYou. More info can be found here: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/savage-oscillator-for-thinkorswim.4214/

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
473 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back