/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

Does this strategy set have an actual name? I usually trade ES on Ninjatrader and have been trying to find this amazing set compatible with NT, but have come up empty. I can only imagine how difficult this would be converting it to ninjascript.

Does this strategy set have an actual name? I usually trade ES on Ninjatrader and have been trying to find this amazing set compatible with NT, but have come up empty. I can only imagine how difficult this would be converting it to ninjascript.
So why not use TOS for charting and trade on NT? That's what I do...use TOS for charting and trade with a different broker.

So why not use TOS for charting and trade on NT? That's what I do...use TOS for charting and trade with a different broker.
Thats a really good idea actually. I never really thought of that. The competitive side of me wants to convert it just to prove that it can be done, but your way is easier lol.

unknown.png

only got one good head and shoulder on the /NQ for ~30 points
2000 tick chart confirmed trend... exit would have been 15 minutes before market close
unknown.png

head on shoulders on /ES had ~3 points (stopped out at bb_stop)
There was another nice 6 point move at 8:23 PST but would not have taken since 2000T CCI did not confirm it
unknown.png

head on shoulders on /ES had ~10 points (stopped out at bb_stop) cci was grey so doubt I would have taken this

Hi @blakecmathis do you know if I can use this strategy in higher timeframes? like 5-10-30min or even for swing trades 1h-1D-1W. Also, with your experience, do you know how many ticks should I set the chart to get those aprox timeframes (1h-1D maybe)? Thanks in advance

@urikreizer I've never even attempted to backtest this setup using time charts as opposed to tick. I would refrain from swing trading with this setup as well my dude. It was devised to get in, grab some green, and get out, taking advantage of high probability setups and plays.

I did end up adding the supertrend indicator to this strategy set and was very surprised. It is great at identifying false moves and choppy trades. I now use it as additional trend confirmation before taking a trade. By only taking trade signals in the direction of the supertrend, my accuracy has increased significantly.
https://tos.mx/1EXTXB1
Thanks for adding this grid - excellent to have a version of the Super Trend with no bubbles - I had commented out the code for them but this version is much better!

Just thankful I found this great community! Something that has worked for me is adding Market Profile to the 5D/1000t. I removed the volume shading but left the POC, upper and lower limits to keep it clean. MP for me is key to trading futures and has worked well with this setup. I use MP to confirm the signal and check if there is S/R than can validate the signal. I have only traded Micro E-mini (/MES) and Micro NQ (/MNQ) for the past 3 days just to see how it plays and so far so good. Seems to also work for /GC, I have tried Micro Gold and also worked well (/MGC). I used the signal from the Minis and then trade the Micros. I hope this helps!

unknown.png

Here is the Grid if anyone is interested in having the MP in the chart!

https://tos.mx/Tps6P4m

Last edited:
@rockNroll a quick question - how to set up the "buy mkt" button as you did for having buy/sell/stop together

There is a little "star" icon next to those buttons. you can choose different button options, just select CANCEL ALL and move it up. Let me know if clear!

There is a little "star" icon next to those buttons. you can choose different button options, just select CANCEL ALL and move it up. Let me know if clear!

Hi RokaNroll..
About your ActiveTrader.. When I move my mouse on to a buy or sell cell, Along with Buy/Sell it also shows "TRG +10.00 LMT " target limit and "TRG -5.00 ST" target stop. Event though Template shows Single.
Thats is a really nice feature and want to know how to set that. that will eliminate the need of selecting the template again and again every time we trade.
Could you please explain how to set that up and also how to change those values..

Thank you.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
425 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back