• LIMITED TIME ONLY: Take $40 off VIP with code: BTD40.

cut and paste a strategy and use for a conditional order for a real buy order?

stone

can u cut and paste a strategy and use for a conditional order for a real buy order?

Last edited by a moderator:

MerryDay

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
Lifetime
Thnk u but can u cut and paste a strategy and use for a conditional order for a real buy order?

1. A strategy can be copy&pasted into the Study Tab.
  2. Then delete the AddOrder statements and save
Yes, it can then be used in a conditional order.

When you did this, did you run into problems?
Conditional Orders tend to vomit the "too complex error" if attempting to utilize anything but the most basic of studies. :(

stone

1. A strategy can be copy&pasted into the Study Tab.
  2. Then delete the AddOrder statements and save
Yes, it can then be used in a conditional order.

When you did this, did you run into problems?
Conditional Orders tend to vomit the "too complex error" if attempting to utilize anything but the most basic of studies. :(
Hi, on a related question: I was using Mobius Projection Pivots study to creat a buy to open order. The drop down gave me the option for price which I chose ASK. Ok then I used Crossed below and chose study Projection Pivots, and used the proper line of extention for trend line chosen. The error message says “No Historical values for price”. I noticed no matter what study I used, “PRICE” was the issue. What would be my work around to get this real conditional buy order triggered by price crossing above or below the trend line? Your help is much appreciated.

MerryDay

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
Lifetime
Hi, on a related question: I was using Mobius Projection Pivots study to creat a buy to open order. The drop down gave me the option for price which I chose ASK. Ok then I used Crossed below and chose study Projection Pivots, and used the proper line of extention for trend line chosen. The error message says “No Historical values for price”. I noticed no matter what study I used, “PRICE” was the issue. What would be my work around to get this real conditional buy order triggered by price crossing above or below the trend line? Your help is much appreciated.
price MUST be set to OPEN[-1]. That way, you are calculating on the close of a bar and the order price reflects the next moment in time -- the open of the following bar.