Custom sounds on alerts for studies?

H

hashy

Hello. I'm pretty new to this site and ThinkScript but I'm loving it so far. I apologize if this is a dumb question. I have done considerable searching but have not found an answer. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have a lower study I use that doesn't signal very often. Instead of having to watch the chart all day I wanted to make it give an audible alert when triggered. I was able to figure out how to do that by adding this to the script:

alert( Signal1, "BUY", Alert.BAR, Sound.Bell );
alert( Signal2, "SELL", Alert.BAR, Sound.Chimes );

I've also figured out how to record my own audio file .mp3s and add them to the alerts section for the upper chart (right click, create alert, notify with sound, "play sound" drop-down, edit custom sounds, ...) So I can set an alert on the chart and have it play my custom sounds, but I want to make my LOWER study play custom alert sounds.

I've tried changing:
to
alert( Signal1, "BUY", Alert.BAR, Sound.Custom1 ); and stuff like that to no avail.

Thanks!

T

tomsk

VIP
Hello. I'm pretty new to this site and ThinkScript but I'm loving it so far. I apologize if this is a dumb question. I have done considerable searching but have not found an answer. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have a lower study I use that doesn't signal very often. Instead of having to watch the chart all day I wanted to make it give an audible alert when triggered. I was able to figure out how to do that by adding this to the script:

alert( Signal2, "SELL", Alert.BAR, Sound.Chimes );

I've also figured out how to record my own audio file .mp3s and add them to the alerts section for the upper chart (right click, create alert, notify with sound, "play sound" drop-down, edit custom sounds, ...) So I can set an alert on the chart and have it play my custom sounds, but I want to make my LOWER study play custom alert sounds.

I've tried changing:
to
alert( Signal1, "BUY", Alert.BAR, Sound.Custom1 ); and stuff like that to no avail.

Thanks!

You can ONLY use the native sounds in Study and Strategy alerts. However for MarketWatch alerts I understand you can incorporate your own wav file but I have not tried doing that as I'm happy with the default sounds.

Last edited:
H

hashy

You can ONLY use the native sounds in Study and Strategy alerts. However for MarketWatch alerts I understand you can incorporate your own wav file but I have not tried doing that as I'm happy with the default sounds.

Well that explains why I couldn't figure it out. Thank you!