Custom chart alert for Hull MA and TTM Trend

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

Does anyone know how to build a custom alert for color changing indicators? Specifically when the color of the Hull MA and TTM Trend indicators change colors from down trends to up trends?

Unfortunately, you can't build this using the statement based custom script builder in Thinkorswim.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
You should be able to create an Alert as long as you are referencing built-in licensed studies... You would start with the condition builder and then customize the code to your exact specifications...

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

I don't know how to customize the code for the conditions I previously mentioned. That's the problem. The condition builder is really only useful for greater than, less than, etc types of if this then that statements. I'm looking for a color change based alert for color change based indictators. ie: Hull MA and TTM Trend.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Have you looked at the HullMovingAvg() code...??? The condition for color change is right in the code as the indicator itself changes color on trend change... And contrary to your belief that it can't be done within the condition builder, it can be... I know because I've done it in the past...

Almost anything you want to accomplish can be found in existing code if you take the time to do the research... Sure, it's easier to just ask for others to do the leg work but it's more satisfying to do things for yourself... At least that's my view on life... I'll spend days learning and experimenting before I'll ask for help because that's just how I'm wired...