Change Colors of Ichimoku Cloud

David45

2019 Donor
Does anyone know how to tweak the code for the Ichimoku Cloud so that I can change the colors of the cloud? Not the lines outlining the cloud, but the cloud itself which is red and yellow by default. Thanks very much in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
Think ToS ichimoku is a locked study. So first copy the whole code to a new study. Then change colors here.

Code:
DefineGlobalColor("Bullish", Color.YELLOW);
DefineGlobalColor("Bearish", Color.RED);

horserider

VIP
Think ToS ichimoku is a locked study. So first copy the whole code to a new study. Then change colors here.

Code:

Solution

Ahmar824

I have a question for you
How can we move the chikou span 26 candles forward instead of having it 26 candles back?

Last edited:

coinn

Hi

New to ToS, I have never written a script. I use the Ichimoku in my trading. In ToS the default Ichimoku has solid colors for the Senkou Span A & B. I have looked but can see where I may change that. I prefer the cloud to be vertical dashed lines, I find it easier to see that candles that way. Is there a way to achieve that in the ToS default Ichimoku?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Coinn

rad14733

VIP
@coinn Welcome to the usethinkscript forums... Colors are our only option for clouds in ThinkorSwim... We can't use hatches or other patterns because they simply aren't available... It's clouds or nothing... You could try playing with the colors opacity but that's as far as you can go as far as modification...

Slippage

Thank you rad14733, that is disappointing
Adjusting the opacity, as @rad14733 mentioned, to a lower value should make the candles show through the cloud better. And you can create a copy of the study and change the cloud colors, as mentioned earlier in this thread. Changing the cloud to colors dissimilar from your candles, like dark gray, may help.