Pre-Sales VIP Questions

Learnbot

I am not VIP member yet, however, thinking about subscribing to your discord and obtaining the "buy the dip" indicator. I just wanted to check something before I subscribe to VIP, would you be able to post an example of 1min chart for TSLA, Apple, ZM or whatever else stock you see fit (not penny stocks plz since I am not that educated to trade small caps yet). I wanted to see if Buy the Dip works for day trading as well as swing.

Edit: This thread has gotten very long. Added some info below for easier access to information.
Summary:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/buy-the-dip-vip-indicator-question.3790/page-23#post-89427

Helpful links for anyone interested in seeing how VIP members are using the BTD indicator to trade:
Customer's reviews:
More reviews can be found here: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/buy-the-dip-indicator-for-thinkorswim.3553/post-34186

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BenTen, I'm very interested in becoming a VIP member so I can get the BTD indicator (and also support the website 'cause I've grabbed a bunch of "free" stuff over the past few months.... 😁)...

My trading style is to scalp trade throughout the day using primarily 1-minute and 3-minute charts.... and then do some swing trades whenever I'm in the mood to hold overnight or for a few days..... I LOVE the small-cap/OTC stuff ($0.001 to $5.00).... 😃

Quick question.... Will the BTD indicator work for my trading style? ...and is there a setting for the indicator so "arrows" (buy/cross below '0') appear on the upper-chart (I have to darn many studies in the lower area....).....

Have a great evening..... Mark

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@tomsey Your trading style is the opposite of mine and what the BTD indicator was designed for. I can't say for sure if this script is going to be useful for you. However, if you check the first page of this thread, you'll see that some of our VIP members were able to use the indicator to day trade. Keep that in mind as you make your decision.

We have multiple versions of the BTD indicator, upper and lower studies. I can help you add arrows to your upper chart if you wish. Just create a support ticket once you're in.

Hey @tomsey, I'm a scalper and day trader and use BTD as a confirmation tool the same way one would use TTM Squeeze. You can see my example of how I have scalped with it on the first page here.

Also, I've been a member here for ~a month 1/2 and can highly recommend the VIP indicators along with the Discord channel. Everyone, especially BenTen, is extremely responsive, respectful, and wonderful sources of knowledge. They have a great community of active scripters who thrive on making the best scripts for everyone's profitability. When you look at the cost of VIP don't look at it as what it costs to gain access to the indicator, but what it costs to have full access to the community for the year -- you'll realize the value offered is tremendous.

Also, I am pretty sure you'll enjoy the BTD cloud that one of the members has created from the BTD script (see attached image). Who needs arrows when you have can visualize where price action is relative to where BTD comes into play. :)

r1DyBLj.png

@MintyFresh : Thanks for sharing about this BTD chart. I am exactly looking the same. few things need to know by looking into this chart:
1) Where is the entry and exit points ( is start of green and end of green clouds are for entry and exit ?? )
2) Do I need any other indicators along with this one ?? or this alone is enough for intraday trading like /MNQ or /MES.

KIndly advise.

Thanks

Hello Everyone : I have one small Qs. How to use Use BTD indicator. I mean I got an idea that if buy arrow shows, we need to buy and same for other "Sell" signal as well. My concern is what to react if we see any reversal indicator during this two ? so how to react on it ? Thanks. I am new to Future trading and I do trade mainly MES and MNQ only. Thanks in advance.

@xad i trade on 1min chart because i dont have much time in the morning to trade before i have to get to work. Also i dont trade based on "arrows", i (for the most part) trade on the convergence of short, med and long lines and use vwap, 200 SMA and such to check trend and verify my entry and so on.
Hi what do you use to confirm the trend?

@BenTen Hi I loaded the Buy the Dip indicator I don't see any signs also if I use on 5 min or 10 min etc chart do I need to change the indicator setting from D to like 5 min?

Can someone tell , on how to USE BTD indicator with details of instruction, so will get an exact idea and can decide to buy or not. like what are the parameters, which inputs are there and what are their values and to get the best results what time frame is recommended ...etc. Thanks

Hi what do you use to confirm the trend?
for Trend , I think you can use ADX ( nice to have about 25 ) indicator or 200 EMA/SMA.

Per the chart displayed by @MintyFresh, if you enlarge and see ; you can't see any arrow for BUY or SELL. My guess is because he used 1 Min of chart time. @BenTen : do we have to use for 10 or 15 mins to see it ??

@BenTen : I saw this below remarks from your earlier post regd. BTD indicator. Does this mean that it won't work for any time frame lesser than one hour ?? See below your remarks :

Buy the Dip, formerly Market Sentiment, is a simple yet powerful swing trading indicator for ThinkorSwim. Designed to be used on the higher timeframe charts such as Weekly, Daily, 4HR, and 1HR.

@generic By default it does not, but you have access to our BTD add-ons (scripts created by our VIP members based on the original BTD indicator). In short, yes. I hope that makes sense.

@BenTen I’m very interested in joining the VIP, but i have a question to ask. Because I mainly use TradingView as charting platform, does the latest version of BTD indicator updated too in TradingView version that include conservative mode?