Bullish Market Entry Point for ThinkorSwim

This thread might be worth a revisit for a similar indicator.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/vix-tool-idea.1633/#post-17446
I added a quick pricecolor view to the bottom of @amalia post.
Get long after some sustained green or go short/cash if showing red.
Code:
assignpricecolor( If V<m1 && m1<m2 then color.green else If V<=m1 && V<m2 then color.yellow else if V>m1 && V<m2 then color.orange else if V>m1 && V>m2 then color.red else color.gray);

KIpH3Aa.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thanks BenTen for posting the Bullish Market Entry Point for ToS, it is a very enlightening chart.
On a side note, will be home next month and will become a paid member and looking forward to purchasing your Advanced Market Moves 2.0 indicator. Thanks again!!!! trade seeker

@DeusMecanicus , Thank You for your quick and courteous reply. When I saw your post, I knew it was a good day!! It worked perfectly, I did not have a problem with the script. Again, THANK YOU!!!

Excellent as always Ben! Instead of waiting for that next Crash, is there any way this can be modified to call the Tops as well?!

@tomsk How about TIKi? Does any one have a script for tiki to place on chart? In my opinion, TRIN TRINQ, TICK and TIKI and PC ratio we need all this on chart to know which direction market is going to be for that day by watching all these breadth indicators in morning .

@tomsk How about TIKi? Does any one have a script for tiki to place on chart? In my opinion, TRIN TRINQ, TICK and TIKI and PC ratio we need all this on chart to know which direction market is going to be for that day by watching all these breadth indicators in morning .
Honestly, put a 20ema, 34ema, 17ema on your chart,...what way is it headed. It's not the indicator, it's the set up, is your symbol setting up for a buy...

Can this indicator be used on a 5 minute chart?

After posting the above question i saw the indicator can only be used for long plays

Is there anyway the script can changed to use on a 5 minute chart?

Am I right to say this only applies to the major 3 indices, Nas, SnP, Dow?

A little late with this reply, but better late than never :) Here are the Volatility Indices that I have:

$DJI --> VXD (Dow 30)
SPX --> VIX (S&P 500)
NDX --> VXN (Nasdaq 100)
Gold --> GVZ
Oil --> OVX

Hope this helps...

Good Luck and Good Trading :)

Is it possible to translate this ratio code as a column in a scanner rather than a chart? I’ve got VIX and VIX3M in a watch list scanner but I’d like to be able to have the real time ratio as a 3rd entry.

@johnnyrocker Not much modification needed. The code below will plot the ratio for your watchlist column.

Code:
# VIX3M/VIX Ratio
# Assembled by BenTen at useThinkScript.com
# Converted from https://www.tradingview.com/script/klHaJXYn-VIX3M-VIX-Ratio/

declare lower;

def U = close("VIX3M");
def D = close("VIX");
def UDL = U / D;

plot ratio = UDL;

My Vix chart,....many goodies: https://tos.mx/j9XXslO

My TICK with goodies. I place this in Flex charts with three futures charts, /YM, /GC, /CL which are configured with ORB and this TICK by itself....1D/1Minute https://tos.mx/jUnBAXG
Hi Thomas
I just came across this thread. Can you please let me know how do you use the Tick chart (with goodies) to trade the futures? How do you establish if its going to be a bullish or bearish day using this?...thanks
B

B

Hi Thomas
I just came across this thread. Can you please let me know how do you use the Tick chart (with goodies) to trade the futures? How do you establish if its going to be a bullish or bearish day using this?...thanks
B

B
@Positive,....it's set up in the grid Charts > flexible grid, Three futures, and a Tick,...TICK/Q,..... paste it in and watch it https://tos.mx/0XAGP2F

Reactions: MTH
The market always comes first, Know those before you look at indicators on individual stocks
Stocks are nothing but pawns on a chess board for market sentiment (bullish/bearish)
If underlying market is bullish, most stocks get bought up, and they get sold down on bearish sessions
Been playing chess since I was a kid...and still love to play. Your detailed explanations are much appreciated.

7:02am 10/22/21