Bullish Market Entry Point for ThinkorSwim

T

tomsk

VIP
@Playstation If you have not already done so, you might consider loading the following study

Code:
# TICK and AD Label
# tomsk
# 11.15.2019

input TickSymb = "$TIKSP";
input ADSymb = "$ADSPD";

def TICKS = if !IsNaN(close(TickSymb)) then close(TickSymb) else TICKS[1];
def AD = if !IsNaN(close(ADSymb)) then close(ADSymb) else AD[1];

AddLabel(1, " Tick = " + TICKS, if TICKS < 0 
                                then Color.Pink 
                                else Color.Cyan);
AddLabel(1, " AD = " + AD, if AD < -350 then Color.Pink 
                           else if AD > 350 then Color.Cyan 
                           else if between(AD, -250, 250) then Color.White 
                           else Color.Yellow);
These labels are color coded and tells you if we oscillate from a bullish undertone to a bearish undertone
The tickers in my study are the TICK and Advance/Decline for the S&P 500

P

Playstation

VIP
@tomsk I have not, and I'm not too sure how to use it.

However, I'm wondering, if we can observe the market internals of the SnP, would we somehow be able to check on just the breadth ratio of an underlying stock?

I tried to switch to lower TF than 1hour, but not possible to have the labels showed up like the link like traderslog.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tomsk

VIP
@Playstation That study works on Daily. For intraday, the study would have to be modified to define a secondary aggregation
Keep things simple for now

T

Thomas

My Vix chart,....many goodies: http://tos.mx/j9XXslO

My TICK with goodies. I place this in Flex charts with three futures charts, /YM, /GC, /CL which are configured with ORB and this TICK by itself....1D/1Minute http://tos.mx/jUnBAXG

T

Thomas

Shadowtrader shared a chart set up of internals years ago, maybe search YouTube....

D

DeusMecanicus

This thread might be worth a revisit for a similar indicator.

I added a quick pricecolor view to the bottom of @amalia post.
Get long after some sustained green or go short/cash if showing red.
Code:
assignpricecolor( If V<m1 && m1<m2 then color.green else If V<=m1 && V<m2 then color.yellow else if V>m1 && V<m2 then color.orange else if V>m1 && V>m2 then color.red else color.gray);

3AMBH

3AMBH

2019 Donor
Warehouse
VIP
Thanks @tomsk, Would you have time to take a screen shot of a chart showing this please? Thank you

T

trade seeker

VIP
@DeusMecanicus, I tried to use your "assignpricecolor script" that you used at the bottom of @amalia script. But it showed an error and I had to remove the script. Could you please respond with directions on how to replicate the SPY chart you showed on April 25. I am very interested in replicating that SPY chart, and I have no script writing ability as of yet. Looking forward to your response.
Thanks trade seeker

T

trade seeker

VIP
Thanks BenTen for posting the Bullish Market Entry Point for ToS, it is a very enlightening chart.
On a side note, will be home next month and will become a paid member and looking forward to purchasing your Advanced Market Moves 2.0 indicator. Thanks again!!!! trade seeker

@DeusMecanicus , Thank You for your quick and courteous reply. When I saw your post, I knew it was a good day!! It worked perfectly, I did not have a problem with the script. Again, THANK YOU!!!

spicytrader

spicytrader

VIP
Excellent as always Ben! Instead of waiting for that next Crash, is there any way this can be modified to call the Tops as well?!