Breakout scanner based on moving averages?

W

Wastewater

I love trading certain large cap stocks .Like Friday at 10:06 NFLX broke up to the long side and Thursday TSLA broke out to the long side at 9:35 to the long side.Is there a scan setup or some way of catching it to capitalize on the breakout?

mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
I love trading certain large cap stocks .Like Friday at 10:06 NFLX broke up to the long side and Thursday TSLA broke out to the long side at 9:35 to the long side.Is there a scan setup or some way of catching it to capitalize on the breakout?

What is a break-out in your mind - it can be different for each trader? Help me understand what you are looking for and I may be able to help you.

W

Wastewater

I have the 5 and 8 simple moving average,so when the stock trends up or down those averages have crossed as well as the MACD is either above the zero line for Calls or below the zero for Puts

mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
I have the 5 and 8 simple moving average,so when the stock trends up or down those averages have crossed as well as the MACD is either above the zero line for Calls or below the zero for Puts

@Wastewater - OK, give me a bit and I will write something up for you based off your above thoughts.

W

Wastewater

mc01439 Thank you for helping me.I have got step out for bit and I will be back later.

mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
@Wastewater - Here you go. I coded this so you can learn from the price movement. You can say no to the arrows and paint bars if you wish.

https://tos.mx/T0ENUOM

Last edited:
W

Wastewater

Thank you so much for the help but I am not sure of how to load it to scan.

W

Wastewater

Thank You ,I am sorry I did not know there was a video,man I feel so stupid.Again Thank for the help.