• The price of VIP membership is increasing to $199 beginning June 1. Click here to lock in the current rate of $149.

Boolean Arrows as PaintingStrategy

dinodotcom

2019 Donor
I am wondering if there is someone out there that can help me do a scan for any study that uses Boolean arrows. I have a few studies that will indicate Boolean arrows that I would like to run scans to see if the arrows are present. I am looking for the generic think script code that I can use. Any help is much appreciated.

The code below has "BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP" and "BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN"

Code:
input length = 14;
input crossingType = {default above, below};
input threshold = 20;
input averageType = AverageType.WILDERS;

plot signal = crosses(DMI(length, averageType).ADX, threshold, crossingType == CrossingType.above);

signal.DefineColor("Above", GetColor(0));
signal.DefineColor("Below", GetColor(1));
signal.AssignValueColor(if crossingType == CrossingType.above then signal.color("Above") else signal.color("Below"));

signal.SetPaintingStrategy(if crossingType == CrossingType.above
    then PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP
    else PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);

How do I put that into a scanner?

markos

VIP
In your ThinkorSwim scanner, set the "signal" plot to true.

5hr2WWE.png

tomsk

VIP
Define three conditions and them sum them. If all true, then the value 3 will be returned.

def cond1 = A > B;
def cond2 = B > C;
def cond3 = C > D;

def result = cond1 + cond2 + cond3;

dodoei

Define three conditions and them sum them. If all true, then the value 3 will be returned.

def cond1 = A > B;
def cond2 = B > C;
def cond3 = C > D;

def result = cond1 + cond2 + cond3;
Thanks a lot! What I plan to do is to rank 4 to 5 variables, there seems no easy way or function to do it except to compare them one by one. So in this case I guess I would need to def all 30 cond? Thanks again!

tomsk

VIP
Thanks a lot! What I plan to do is to rank 4 to 5 variables, there seems no easy way or function to do it except to compare them one by one. So in this case I guess I would need to def all 30 cond? Thanks again!

I have in the past been asked how to compare the lowest and highest of 3 variables.
Here's one way to do so

def lowest = min(a, min(b,c));
def highest = max(a, max(b,c));

So with 5 variables in your case you can adopt a similar nested approach although that would get rather complex pretty quick

dodoei

By the way, I found in addchartbubble, I can not use the current value for the price location, for example, Data, I have to use Data[1]
I have in the past been asked how to compare the lowest and highest of 3 variables.
Here's one way to do so

def lowest = min(a, min(b,c));
def highest = max(a, max(b,c));

So with 5 variables in your case you can adopt a similar nested approach although that would get rather complex pretty quick
Thanks!