Bollinger Bands and Stochastic Scalping Indicator for ThinkorSwim

S

Shmandull

@rogtrader @Shmandull Take a look at the video in this thread: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-use-the-tos-scanner.284/

Thank you! I have noticed if the trigger happens very early in the trading day, it could signal a reverse in the opposite direction for the rest of the trading day.

Also, i noticed if you wait for a double red or green bar in the signal direction, you can better "guesstimate" the reversal long term.

Just early observations. I am trying to find a good baseline / confirmation indicator to help support triggers.

S

Shmandull

@rogtrader @Shmandull Take a look at the video in this thread: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-use-the-tos-scanner.284/
Hey Ben,

I am having trouble making a scan query. The stipulations I choose are correct to the video you linked. However, when it triggers on the list, i click on the chart and there is no arrow. How come it triggers but doesn't include the arrow in either direction?

I also noticed the arrow will be present on an active candle when the code is specified to CLOSE? Again, seems spotty, but can be pretty accurate!

Your response is greatly appreaciated!

S

Shmandull

@Shmandull What does that mean?

How can i alter the code below to plot after the stipulation is met two closing bars in a row instead of one?

plot bullish = close <= BBlower and RSI <= RSIos and FSO <= FSOos and MFI <= MFIos and IMI <= IMIob;

plot bearish = close >= BBupper and RSI >= RSIob and FSO >= FSOob and MFI >= MFIob and IMI >= IMIos;

P

pga0008

@BenTen I have tried to take this into a conditional order can you see what i might be doing wrong

input tradeSize = 100;

def signal = close is less than or equal to BollingerBands()."LowerBand" and RSI()."RSI" is less than or equal to 70 within 12 bars and StochasticFull("d period" = 6, "slowing period" = 6)."FullK" is less than or equal to StochasticFull("d period" = 6, "slowing period" = 6)."FullK" and MoneyFlowIndex("length" = 12)."MoneyFlowIndex" is less than or equal to MoneyFlowIndex("length" = 12)."MoneyFlowIndex" and IntradayMomentumIndex("length" = 12)."OverBought" is less than or equal to IntradayMomentumIndex("length" = 12)."OverSold" within 8 bars;

addOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, signal, open[-1], tradeSize, Color.CYAN, Color.CYAN);

C

cay7man

VIP
Does anyone use this indicator? Any comments? And what is the configuration for 5 min? Thanks

O

omar__naeem

Hi @BenTen could you please share the settings for 5 min configuration?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@omar__naeem I don't think there is any special configuration for a particular timeframe.