I got it now ,I was using the 2d 5m chart,but I changed to 5d 5m and it work worderful,thanks so much i was looking for this scanner for a while also the indicator I was using it ,but now with yours it much better,thanks again.Set yr intraday chart with 2 days of 5min data or whatever intraday Timeframe for TOS.
The instructions said, "Don't Zoom," and the PDF was a great gift...Just tested this indicator and it isn't as magical as some of you think. The reason it looks so appealing is because when you view a timeframe you are only left with the successful signals. If a signal goes past the overbought of oversold ranges it will just expand the y axis to adjust to this increase. When the AccumDistBuyPr reaches a top the axis will stop expanding and you are left with a perfect signal but you only see the perfect signals not any of the failed ones. This will only work if the stock is consistently ranging between two price zones, if not the signals can't be trusted.
How to add option for look within certain bar in scanner code. Thanks
Try this.........https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kt5ZLZ9bsX_rDY8DfVN7DWYp-m5Xs3Ra/view?usp=sharing then look here https://twitter.com/deafdaytrader,..........@BillMurray @Thomas @johntermotto can one you share the PDF on the deafdaytrader system. I have download the setup you shared but pretty lost on where to begin or see or the right way to consume it - to help my trading. It would be great if you share the content or atleast point me to a video or instructions on how to use the setups you had shared.
# # TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. (c) 2007-2020 # declare lower; def data = if close > close then close - Min(close, low) else if close < close then close - Max(close, high) else 0; plot AccDist = TotalSum(data); AccDist.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1)); def cond1 = AccDist crosses above 100; def cond2 = AccDist crosses below 0; # Alerts Alert(cond1, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes); Alert(cond2, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Bell);
Will you share any insights......biggest problem is knowing when the "Bill Murray," moves specifically higher and is a buy signal, ya you can eyeball it, but......I have this as only indicator at bottom of chart.I am a customer of DeafDayTrader and I have purchased all his books and was briefly a member of his private group. He shall be missed!
I am here because I use AccumDistBuyPr and it's a great tool. I have one question - is there a way to set an alert when it touches 0 and 100?
Will you share any insights......biggest problem is knowing when the "Bill Murray," moves specifically higher and is a buy signal, ya you can eyeball it, but......I have this as only indicator at bottom of chart.
Thanks for sharing your indicators and ideas. Does the arrows move when the price keeps going down or up? With the original one it keeps shifting which is difficult to determine the bottom for the bullish buy.Well, I'm certainly coming late to this party but I've been fascinated with this idea for the last 24 hours.....so I threw a few bells and whistles on the two working indicators to see what it would show me. I don't know if these bells and whistles are just lipstick on a pig at this point because the X axis issue hasn't really been resolved well. If anyone is still playing with this, maybe someone will come up with something that resolves . I really like the idea here.....if there was a good way to catch all of the signals on all of the different time frames.
Anyway, my adds were just for up/down signal arrows and audible alerts. On the first indicator (AccDist_Stoch_Signals) I also added a faster stochastic and a midline (looking for crossovers), but I don't think that really added any value. I also patched in some Aggregation.Period stuff on both versions, but they're actually separate indicator revisions that I did not share here as they seemed quite clunky. I have them if anyone is interested. I had hoped to have 3 instances of the same indicator on 1 chart, rather than 3 charts.
A few interesting observations in all of this :
1. The x axis issue is a big one... at least on the stochastic version. When the indicator paints an arrow, if the next few candles achieve greater lows/highs, it will reach back and eliminate the arrow and create a new one.
2. On the stochastic version, it was very interesting to see the signals displayed (over a 30 day chart stretch) when the timeframe was changed from 1m to 3m to 5m to 10m to 15m.....all the way up to the 4H chart. What made it interesting was that not all 15min chart signals necessarily also provided signals on 5m or 1m. I expected that to happen but sometimes they stood alone. Also, there were signals that showed up on tick charts that didn't necessarily show up elsewhere. That's ultimately why I put together the Aggregation.Period indicators....but it became a bit ridiculous to have 6 lower indicators just so I could catch signals on 1m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m and 1hr. It was a real resource hog too.
2b. Also, a strange thing would happen in the first second of switching time frames. When I switched from let's say today's ES(5m) to ES(1m), for about 2 seconds the AccDist_Stoch_Signals would display the down arrow signal and then it would disappear once the full width (zoomed out) was rendered for the chart.
3. Unexplainable by me was when I added the indicators to a chart I downloaded from I think https://usethinkscript.com/threads/here-are-some-of-the-indicators-i-use-every-day.4114/page-2, where the same indicator did not provide the same signals when the two charts had the same timeframe. Might have something to do with looking at 1m/Today vs. 1m/3days or some other combo.
4. When you look at the second indicator (AccDist_LinReg_Signals), you'll see that it will, for obvious reasons, give completely different signals than the AccDist_Stoch_Signals. Usually when the latter provides a signal, the former will also. But not necessarily the other way around.
5. With the AccDist_LinReg_Signals indicator, you don't have the x-axis issue per se. At least not where the indicator will reach back and eliminate an arrow to be replaced with a new one. This indicator will display an arrow, and then if the next candle(s) continue lower/higher, it will simply issue another arrow....and another until AccDist rolls to the other side of the line.
Sorry for the long post. I guess I'm hoping that interest might be rekindled to make this a better set of indicators.
Oh, one last thing. All credit goes to @BillMurray , @Playstation and others. I was just monkeying around tossing snippets into someone elses code.
Here is AccDist_Stoch_Signals tos.mx/2Av3u8z
Here is AccDist_LinReg_Signals tos.mx/5fZ2etK
Here are a couple of images. The first shows that one indicator will have different signals than the other on the same chart.
The second shows that one of the indicators may provide a signal on, let's say a 15m chart but not on its corresponding 1m chart.
Here's an image of multiple time aggregations.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|H||Bill Williams Green, Squat, Fade, Fake Bars and Zone Bars for ThinkorSwim||Indicators||31|
|Bill Williams Squat Bars for ThinkorSwim||Questions||5|
|Y||Bill Williams Fractal Indicator for ThinkorSwim||Indicators||9|
|K||Opening Range Breakout Indicator with Fibs||Questions||1|
|C||Divergence indicator using Fold not working correctly||Questions||1|