B4 Balanced BB Breakout For ThinkOrSwim

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all new here been trading for about a year now have tried all many different indicators and copied the code from here and honestly super impressed, usually trade big stock options like amzn fb tsla and love how this script reacts!!!

have any of yall combined it with a automatic fib level script or know of any??

also confused how the madx line works

so far combined it with ahull moving average on top to help me out with direction and also using someone else's script that draws trend lines and uses the 50 ema as main driver for his gold or red candles

got stopped out today for taking a trade 5 minutes in

will wait for super mtf to go all red or green next time (my super mtf will not work in any time frame over 5 minutes any pointers?)

Is the "SUPER MTF" a premium study? I can't find it... thanks!

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Try this :

Its that your (Bar Color Label)Using the RSM setting, Setting the Bar Color to none, OR Rest the Script Copy and past and # out the old line

### Bar Color ######################################

input BarColor = { "RSM", default "none", "FibonacciSuperTrend" }; #hint BarColor: Paint bars with RSM or Fibonacci SuperTrend direction

If this don't help, you could have conflictingin the indicators. your going to have to search all you indicators for the ASSIGNEDPRICECOLOR line in your indicators, that the line that changes the bar colors. Just# them out unit you get the candle colors what. usually the control is in the lower indicators. hope it helps.
I went ahead and changed it to RSM default "none" and that changed the bar color back to yellow from gray. I have the Bull/Bear to RSI_IFT and not the "FibonacciSuperTrend". Do you use the FST? Thanks again for the tip, it worked.

I went ahead and changed it to RSM default "none" and that changed the bar color back to yellow from gray. I have the Bull/Bear to RSI_IFT and not the "FibonacciSuperTrend". Do you use the FST? Thanks again for the tip, it worked.
No I don't use the fibs. I use the waddah histogram and the explosion lines, I like the explosive line and the high histogram and I use the a custom indicator similar to the b4 cloud and dots. and only the squeeze pro dots. there a lot of good indicator out there and you just have to learn how to ## out the crap you don't like. Then just overlap them on the same study band and see if they work for you, some are not compatible and will skew your charts up.

Is the "SUPER MTF" a premium study? I can't find it... thank
thank you for your reply. long story, but I have the study, I was talking about the scanner, I LOVE the study! But I'm having problems with installing the scanner. I've tried to find a video on how to do it, but I can't find one.... when I put the code in the thnkscripteditor, I get "exactly one post expected" ... Thank you for your hard work...
B4_Scan Setup Instructions:
1. Click Create (Create New Study).
2. Remove the default plot statement and paste the code block from B4_SCAN.
3. Save the study with name "B4_SCAN", make sure it is not loaded in your studies on the right, if it is loaded by default when you saved it, please remove we don't need this on chart study.
4. Go to Scan, remove all the filters and add a new filter, select "Study" as a filter, Default study selected will be "ADXCrossOver", Delete it and “Add condition: select study and choose “B4_SCAN” from the list.
5. Once the study is loaded select “StrategyArrow”.
6. The select “is equal to”.
7. Then select “Value” from the pulldown.
8. Select 1, for bullish, and -1 for bearish scan results.
9. If you would like to see bullish and bearish scan results, return to step 6 and select “is not equal to” and select 0.
10. To filter for better scan results, select a default narrowed down list as "Weeklys" under "Scan In, on the scan tab itself.
11. Then, you can save the scan query with a name.
12. Repeat Step 4 to 7, for other scan queries.
13. For best results, please match the chart timeframe to your Scanner Settings for review.

Last edited:
First of all thank you to all involved for creating this wonderful B4 Indicator. it is absolutely special and I use it in addition to a custom script I have n it is working perfectly fine. The only thing I would like to do because I am a day trader/scalper, I find that sometimes waiting for the Arrow indicator to show, it is sometimes a bit late. I would like to see if there is a way to customize the up/down arrow to be placed as soon as RSM_MACD_Diff has crossed the RSM_MACD_ZeroLine? I would like the corresponding arrow so when crossing from below it should be green and when crossing from above it should be red? I have been manually searching for this and have had great success but would love to have it on the scanner and watch list. Any help with this scanner would be wonderful, I use it on the 5Min chart for scalping and have had fantastic results so far.

Last edited:
First of all thank you to all involved for creating this wonderful B4 Indicator. it is absolutely special and I use it in addition to a custom script I have n it is working perfectly fine. The only thing I would like to do because I am a day trader/scalper, I find that sometimes waiting for the Arrow indicator to show, it is sometimes a bit late. I would like to see if there is a way to customize the up/down arrow to be placed as soon as RSM_MACD_Diff has crossed the RSM_MACD_ZeroLine? I would like the corresponding arrow so when crossing from below it should be green and when crossing from above it should be red? I have been manually searching for this and have had great success but would love to have it on the scanner and watch list. Any help with this scanner would be wonderful, I use it on the 5Min chart for scalping and have had fantastic results so far.

@Suace2, I too find that the B4 arrows get me into a trade later than I want on short timeframes. The coders here will probably have better ideas for you. Until they respond, here's my workaround if you want to give it a try.

1- Scan using the MACD BB indicator, which is less complex than the B4. Scanning with just the MACD BB indicator will allow you to scan for BB dots crossing zero, the MACD line crossing zero, or just about anything you could possibly want with the MACD BB. Maybe there's a way to do it with the B4 indicator. I find it simpler to do with the MACD BB.

2- Scan for the lower strategy signals (the vertical dotted lines) of the B4. To do that, I stripped out everything but the code for the lower signals. Then I scanned for new lower signals appearing within the last 2 bars. That will usually reveal setups where the MACD line and/or dots are about to cross zero or have just recently done so. I run this scan on a 5 min timeframe with results updating in my watchlist all day long.

Hope that helps. Happy Trading!

Edit: You got me curious. I just checked my 5 min watchlist. Here's silver futures. The last two B4 lower strategy signals fired as the MACD BB line/dots were crossing zero. Another earlier signal did the same. Another was very close. Only one was way off a crossing of the zero line. Putting scan results in the watchlist makes it easy to click thru to find what's popping at the zero line and what isn't. If you make the MACD BB settings the same as they are in your B4 settings, my workaround should function for you. Personally, I think you're on the right track. Finding zero crossings can be very profitable, especially when there are new lower strategy signals firing.

Last edited:
@Suace2, I too find that the B4 arrows get me into a trade later than I want on short timeframes. The coders here will probably have better ideas for you. Until they respond, here's my workaround if you want to give it a try.

1- Scan using the MACD BB indicator, which is less complex than the B4. Scanning with just the MACD BB indicator will allow you to scan for BB dots crossing zero, the MACD line crossing zero, or just about anything you could possibly want with the MACD BB. Maybe there's a way to do it with the B4 indicator. I find it simpler to do with the MACD BB.

2- Scan for the lower strategy signals (the vertical dotted lines) of the B4. To do that, I stripped out everything but the code for the lower signals. Then I scanned for new lower signals appearing within the last 2 bars. That will usually reveal setups where the MACD line and/or dots are about to cross zero or have just recently done so. I run this scan on a 5 min timeframe with results updating in my watchlist all day long.

Hope that helps. Happy Trading!

Edit: You got me curious. I just checked my 5 min watchlist. Here's silver futures. The last two B4 lower strategy signals fired as the MACD BB line/dots were crossing zero. Another earlier signal did the same. Another was very close. Only one was way off a crossing of the zero line. Putting scan results in the watchlist makes it easy to click thru to find what's popping at the zero line and what isn't. If you make the MACD BB settings the same as they are in your B4 settings, my workaround should function for you. Personally, I think you're on the right track. Finding zero crossings can be very profitable, especially when there are new lower strategy signals firing.

This is an awesome suggestion and thank you. So for this watchilst are you using the watch list code or the scanner code? I may have to read this a few times to properly follow it. Is there a way you could create a link to your setup n share it plz?

This is an awesome suggestion and thank you. So for this watchilst are you using the watch list code or the scanner code? I may have to read this a few times to properly follow it. Is there a way you could create a link to your setup n share it plz?

@Suace2, I use the scanner code but strip out everything except the lower strategy code. Then I save that stripped down code as a new indicator but don't plot that new indicator on the chart. I select that indicator in the scanner and run the scan. Then I save that scan as a watchlist to automatically populate with instruments that have signals firing on whatever timeframe I've selected.

Here are the indicators I use. Best wishes and happy trading!

@Suace2, I use the scanner code but strip out everything except the lower strategy code. Then I save that stripped down code as a new indicator but don't plot that new indicator on the chart. I select that indicator in the scanner and run the scan. Then I save that scan as a watchlist to automatically populate with instruments that have signals firing on whatever timeframe I've selected.

Here are the indicators I use. Best wishes and happy trading!

Thank you so much for the idea I actually changed the code around just a bit to make a new scanner using the scanning code. I now have it scanning as soon as The RSM_MACD_Diff has crossed the RSM_MACD_ZeroLine and it doenst matter if its to the up side or down side. The way I use this strategy is I narrow my watchlist to a daily list with no more than 10 or so stocks, I also run this scanner on the 5 min chart n look for when these crosses happen. This gives me a great starting point and I do further analysis on whether this is worth taking a position or not. I am a day trader/scalper n I will put this to test tomorrow n let you guys know results. I have been using this strategy manually it has done wonders even when I was a bit late but now I can be ready to take a position as soon as this happens.

Thank you so much for the idea I actually changed the code around just a bit to make a new scanner using the scanning code. I now have it scanning as soon as The RSM_MACD_Diff has crossed the RSM_MACD_ZeroLine and it doenst matter if its to the up side or down side. The way I use this strategy is I narrow my watchlist to a daily list with no more than 10 or so stocks, I also run this scanner on the 5 min chart n look for when these crosses happen. This gives me a great starting point and I do further analysis on whether this is worth taking a position or not. I am a day trader/scalper n I will put this to test tomorrow n let you guys know results. I have been using this strategy manually it has done wonders even when I was a bit late but now I can be ready to take a position as soon as this happens.

Wanted to provide an update on the change to this indicator I made which is specifically for Day Trading/Scalping options so if thats not you, plz dont use it according to how I use it. But got in on TSLA, NVDA, and ZM today for an awesome profit of about 75% Again not financial advise nor am I am expert just my trades using this adjusted indicator!! Thanks for your hard work team!!

Wanted to provide an update on the change to this indicator I made which is specifically for Day Trading/Scalping options so if thats not you, plz dont use it according to how I use it. But got in on TSLA, NVDA, and ZM today for an awesome profit of about 75% Again not financial advise nor am I am expert just my trades using this adjusted indicator!! Thanks for your hard work team!!
Nice work! Do you mind sharing the adjusted settings? Thank you.

Nice work! Do you mind sharing the adjusted settings? Thank you.

My adjustments are on the scanner code I simply add a line for everytime the RSM_MACD_Diff has crossed the RSM_MACD_ZeroLine which allows me to see the change in momentum (reversal happening) if it lines up with my support/Resistance n there is volume, along with a few other TAs I jump in this play. I used to use the Arrow signal but on scalping it is a bit too late but this crossover is almost real time! I use it on the 5min chart for scalping its worked very well for me.

Reactions: rfb
My adjustments are on the scanner code I simply add a line for everytime the RSM_MACD_Diff has crossed the RSM_MACD_ZeroLine which allows me to see the change in momentum (reversal happening) if it lines up with my support/Resistance n there is volume, along with a few other TAs I jump in this play. I used to use the Arrow signal but on scalping it is a bit too late but this crossover is almost real time! I use it on the 5min chart for scalping its worked very well for me.
Great! Got it. Scanner usage and should've caught that in your earlier posts! Thank you for the update! Excellent info!

Instead you can simply go and use RSM Scanner, It's always a candle before this, may not make a huge difference on shorter frames, but hell lot more on higher frames.

# B4 Scanner # # Free for use. Header credits must be included when any form of the code included in this package is used. # User assumes all risk. Author not responsible for errors or use of tool. # Copyright (c) 2021 B4 Signals # # Get support at: https://b4signals.com # Join us at: https://discord.gg/kD3pKE2CQd # # # v3.0 - barbros / chuck - official release ### MACDBB input MACDBB_FastLength = 12; input MACDBB_SlowLength = 26; input MACDBB_BandLength = 15; input MACDBB_NumDev = 1.0; def MACDBB_Data = MACD(fastLength = MACDBB_FastLength, slowLength = MACDBB_SlowLength, MACDLength = 5); def MACDBB_Upper = reference BollingerBands(price = MACDBB_Data, length = MACDBB_BandLength, Num_Dev_Dn = -MACDBB_NumDev, Num_Dev_Up = MACDBB_NumDev).UpperBand;; def MACDBB_Lower = reference BollingerBands(price = MACDBB_Data, length = MACDBB_BandLength, Num_Dev_Dn = -MACDBB_NumDev, Num_Dev_Up = MACDBB_NumDev).Lowerband; def MACDBB_Buy = MACDBB_Data > MACDBB_Upper; def MACDBB_Sell = MACDBB_Data <= MACDBB_Lower; ### RSI/STOCASTIC/MACD CONFLUENCE COMBO def RSM_MACD_Diff = reference MACD(fastLength = 12, slowLength = 26, MACDLength = 9).Diff; def RSM_MACD_ZeroLine = 0; def RSM_RSI = reference RSI(length = 7).RSI; def RSM_Stoch_Val = 100 * (close - lowest(low, 14)) / (highest(high, 14) - lowest(low, 14)); def RSM_StochSlowK = SimpleMovingAvg(SimpleMovingAvg(RSM_Stoch_Val,3),3); def RSM_rsiGreen = RSM_RSI >= 50; def RSM_rsiRed = RSM_RSI < 50; def RSM_stochGreen = RSM_StochSlowK >= 50; def RSM_stochRed = RSM_StochSlowK < 50; def RSM_macdGreen = RSM_MACD_Diff >= 0; def RSM_macdRed = RSM_MACD_Diff < 0; def RSM_Buy = RSM_rsiGreen and RSM_stochGreen and RSM_macdGreen; def RSM_Sell = RSM_rsiRed and RSM_stochRed and RSM_macdRed; ### RSI IFT def RSI_IFT_R = reference RSI(5, close) - 50; def RSI_IFT_AvgRSI = MovingAverage(AverageType.Exponential,RSI_IFT_R,9); def RSI_IFT_InverseRSI = (Power(Double.E, 2 * RSI_IFT_AvgRSI) - 1) / (Power(Double.E, 2 * RSI_IFT_AvgRSI) + 1); def RSI_IFT_Direction = if BarNumber() == 0 then 0 else if (RSI_IFT_InverseRSI[1] > 0) and (RSI_IFT_InverseRSI < 0) then -1 else if (RSI_IFT_InverseRSI > 0) and (RSI_IFT_InverseRSI[1] < 0) then 1 else RSI_IFT_Direction[1]; ### Fibonacci SuperTrend input FST_Length = 11; input FST_Retrace = 23.6; input FST_UseHighLow = yes; def FST_h = if FST_UseHighLow then high else close; def FST_l = if FST_UseHighLow then low else close; def FST_minL = Lowest(FST_l, FST_Length); def FST_maxH = Highest(FST_h, FST_Length); def FST_hh = if FST_h > FST_maxH[1] then FST_h else FST_hh[1]; def FST_ll = if FST_l < FST_minL[1] then FST_l else FST_ll[1]; def FST_trend = if FST_h > FST_maxH[1] then 1 else if FST_l < FST_minL[1] then -1 else FST_trend[1]; def FST_Direction = if BarNumber() == 0 then 0 else if FST_trend != 1 then -1 else if FST_trend == 1 then 1 else FST_Direction[1]; ### Strategy input BullBear_Include_FST = yes; #hint BullBear_Include_FST: Include Fibonacci SuperTrend in the vertical line strategy input BullBear_Include_RSI_IFT = yes; #hint BullBear_Include_RSI_IFT: Include RSI IFT in the vertical line strategy def BullBear_Buy = (!BullBear_Include_FST or FST_Direction == 1) and (!BullBear_Include_RSI_IFT or RSI_IFT_Direction == 1); def BullBear_Sell = (!BullBear_Include_FST or FST_Direction == -1) and (!BullBear_Include_RSI_IFT or RSI_IFT_Direction == -1); def Strategy_Buy = BullBear_Buy and MACDBB_Buy and RSM_Buy; def Strategy_Sell = BullBear_Sell and MACDBB_Sell and RSM_Sell; plot StrategyArrow = if Strategy_Buy and !Strategy_Buy[1] then 1 else if Strategy_Sell and !Strategy_Sell[1] then -1 else 0; plot TrendDirection = if MACDBB_Data > MACDBB_Data[1] and MACDBB_Data >= MACDBB_Upper then 2 else if MACDBB_Data < MACDBB_Data[1] and MACDBB_Data >= MACDBB_Upper then 1 else if MACDBB_Data < MACDBB_Data[1] and MACDBB_Data <= MACDBB_Lower then -2 else if MACDBB_Data > MACDBB_Data[1] and MACDBB_Data <= MACDBB_Lower then -1 else 0;
Hi Chuck, thank u for sharing this study. After i copy & paste the code onto the tos study scan, i kept getting the message "Exactly one plot expected" & i could not seem to save the study. any idea what could possibly be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.