B4 Balanced BB Breakout For ThinkOrSwim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having any scanner issues? I'm not finding anything that signals to go long on a daily chart. Its pulling stocks but most of the long signals were days ago.... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong..... Just asking.

BenTen's Watchlist + Setup + Trade Recaps

Get access to Ben's watchlist, swing trading strategy, ThinkorSwim setup, and trade examples.

Learn more

Anyone having any scanner issues? I'm not finding anything that signals to go long on a daily chart. Its pulling stocks but most of the long signals were days ago.... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong..... Just asking.
Can you post a screen shot?

Quick tip for scanning. Instead of searching for either equal to 1 or -1, you can search for not equal to 0. You’ll get a list showing any stock that has an arrow. You can then load up the chart to decide if you are going long or short. I’m sure you figured it out, but wanted to throw it out there.

Amazing stuff gang... Thanks for all of the knowledge and effort! @svencool mentioned it above but a video would be awesome for some of us still low on the learning curve. I know this stuff has to be time consuming as just rereading the whole thread again has made me crave a nap. :sleep:

Just hope to keep it on the radar for the future as I'm sure it would benefit a few of us by seeing the process. THANKS AGAIN Y'ALL!

sorta OT, but was wondering if its possible to have a breakdown of what and how the different indicators are used? I see from the new BETA there's this BULL vs. BEAR - and have no idea what indicator that is. I think this would be extremely helpful as part of the front page? obviously, BBAND/MACD are self explanatory, but for most new and seasoned traders whose never seen something like MACD BB?

Amazing stuff gang... Thanks for all of the knowledge and effort! @svencool mentioned it above but a video would be awesome for some of us still low on the learning curve. I know this stuff has to be time consuming as just rereading the whole thread again has made me crave a nap. :sleep:

Just hope to keep it on the radar for the future as I'm sure it would benefit a few of us by seeing the process. THANKS AGAIN Y'ALL!
Putting it together now, working on strategy and simplest straight forward explication . I don't like fluff. I like to get straight to the point. Will have something as soon as I can

Sorry for not being responsive, I had my daughter this weekend. Had an excellent day trading this morning. Now that I have reached my daily goals, I can dedicate a little time to the forum. We are very busy working to make more improvements.

Barbaros is an absolute master at what he does, and we are working hand in hand trying to make this better for ourselves and each of you. The better this system is the better we trade.

I loved making my trades this morning with confidence and clarity. Visualizing how price reacts with these bands along with other observations has made me a better trader. I am growing daily, two years of 10-16 hr days studying and practicing has served me well. I am in my terrible twos now lol, I am up and running all over the house!

If you are a new trader, find someone to hold your hand as you attempt to take your first steps. It's a dangerous world out there.

Going to go back through here and try to answer any unanswered questions. If I don't get to yours today it is not intentional, please bump it up and I will try to address it. I have a lot on my plate today but will do my absolute best to respond. I can't thank each of you enough. This forum has been an absolute blessing to me. The amount of knowledge and contribution from it's members has encouraged me and equipped me tramendusly.
Thank you for all your help! it would be great if you can create a video of how you use it :)please consider this request

I'm really starting to think you all could train a monkey to do this...

Searched for catalyst driven movers this morning and settled on 2. Working with 1m, 2m, 3m, 5m, and 7m charts looking for signals from the BB Breakout indicator and the Hull Concavity indicator.

The first one struck a false signal early on the lowest time frames but hit again at $23.50, first green dot that rips through the top Bollinger Band. Relied on the gray dot and retouching of the top Bollinger Band to exit at $24.11. I still find myself a little uncertain on the exits but this one was easy.

ZZng2co.png

The second one set up nice on the 2m chart (3m shown below) and the first green dot fired at $3.04 and upward through the middle Bollinger Band. The 3m chart helped on the exit (although would have scraped a few more pennies on the 1m) when again the gray dot tapped the top BB at $3.51. This one was so nice, I'm currently riding it twice... ✌️

t0rHrpj.png

If you can find the momentum this indicator is magic. Thanks again guys for helping me become a professional gambler!

Searched for catalyst driven movers this morning and settled on 2. Working with 1m, 2m, 3m, 5m, and 7m charts looking for signals from the BB Breakout indicator and the Hull Concavity indicator.

The first one struck a false signal early on the lowest time frames but hit again at $23.50, first green dot that rips through the top Bollinger Band. Relied on the gray dot and retouching of the top Bollinger Band to exit at $24.11. I still find myself a little uncertain on the exits but this one was easy.

ZZng2co.png

The second one set up nice on the 2m chart (3m shown below) and the first green dot fired at $3.04 and upward through the middle Bollinger Band. The 3m chart helped on the exit (although would have scraped a few more pennies on the 1m) when again the gray dot tapped the top BB at $3.51. This one was so nice, I'm currently riding it twice... ✌️

t0rHrpj.png

If you can find the momentum this indicator is magic. Thanks again guys for helping me become a professional gambler!

Try and use mADX line for exits...

ZZng2co.png

t0rHrpj.png

Good job and quick note. You could have stayed in your first trade longer. MACD BB didn't cross the top BB band. Your stop loss can be the last swing low and then look for previous resistance level for profit. Many ways to skin the cat, but your trade was cautious and probably will have less drawdowns.

Good job and quick note. You could have stayed in your first trade longer. MACD BB didn't cross the top BB band. Your stop loss can be the last swing low and then look for previous resistance level for profit. Many ways to skin the cat, but your trade was cautious and probably will have less drawdowns.
@HuskeyTN it may be beneficial for other members if you share how you searched for catalysts. Picking the right stock is half the work.

@HuskeyTN it may be beneficial for other members if you share how you searched for catalysts. Picking the right stock is half the work.
@HuskeyTN for new traders it’s usually really hard to find a good stock to scan and the hardest to wait for an entry.. if they are not consumed by FOMO... it would be a great help for new traders like @barbaros asked if you can share your scan criteria and TOS link...

ZZng2co.png

t0rHrpj.png

thanks to you I started using the MTF....great addition....If you don't mind me asking what is that line you have running through it?

@HuskeyTN it may be beneficial for other members if you share how you searched for catalysts. Picking the right stock is half the work.M
@Chuck @barbaros maybe have a sub forum with a list of stocks that we find most succesfull and then we can ALL follow each other with trades sort of like a wallstbets type thing but with good quality, not too volatile stocks...

So @Chuck and @barbaros if you would like to start an offical SWEET STOCK LIST for the Balanced BB Breakout and everyone picks 1 or 2 of their favorites that they have traded with religiously, I NOMINATE these to kick it off if anyone is interested :) :

LYFT
WMT
AMD

So I personally have just used Walmart WMT, LYFT and AMD. They're all not too volatile...LYFT is sweet and I mean sweet.
Look at this setup today...huge and all because of this great community of people!! :)

Here is the link to my setup if anyone wants:

http://tos.mx/EFkWHwP

My setup includes the following:

Here is an example of LYFT today and how I traded it:

1) You get the magical white arrow with the BBDot crossing above top of Bollinger Band.
2) Three X Stoch white arrow pointing up.
3) You get an up arrow with the SuperTrend (Cyan) Yahoo by RConner7.
4) The 5, 8, 13 (SMA fibonacci numbers) the 5 SMA (GOLD) crosses the 8 SMA (Strawberry) and then the 13 SMA (Blue)
5) ALSO look at @rad14733 Trend Reversal Indicator MOST EVERY TIME IT GIVES YOU EARLY CONFIRMATION!!

I got in around $59.50 and (corrrection) I exited at $60.99 where the trend reversal bubble formed and that lined up with the mADX and the threeXstoch and the MACDBB dots where grey and sat on top of Bollinger Bands...

Last edited:
@HuskeyTN for new traders it’s usually really hard to find a good stock to scan and the hardest to wait for an entry.. if they are not consumed by FOMO... it would be a great help for new traders like @barbaros asked if you can share your scan criteria and TOS link...
@HuskeyTN I would agree and wouldn't mind seeing how your picked your 2 picks.... If you want to share with us.. Thx....

I'll do my best... Not sure how to share a TOS link but have attached a couple of pics.

Like I said I'm new to the game and at this point have a hard time looking at a 10m or higher charts as I just can't wait. I searched and read for days on how to find stocks that present a gap up in the morning hours. These of course typically come from some form of Catalyst... New drug approval, earnings reports, inside buying, landing big contracts, and so on. I put together a couple of scans from watching YouTube videos that look like the following.

bqIGbT0.png

PP6OPq0.png

I also use the following code that I found on the usethinkscript site but can't remember where. It's been useful at finding momentum and looks for stocks within 5% of the premarket highs (please don't ask me to explain that :ROFLMAO: )

Code:
#thinkscript watch list
#by thetrader.top
input percentThreshold = 5.0;
def stageOne = RegularTradingEnd(GetYYYYMMDD());
def premarketStart = stageOne[1] <> stageOne;
def stageTwo = SecondsTillTime(930);
def premarketSession = stageTwo > 0;
rec premarketHigh = if premarketStart and premarketSession then high else if high > premarketHigh[1] and premarketSession then high else premarketHigh[1];
plot percentFromPremarketHigh = 100 * (close / premarketHigh – 1);
percentFromPremarketHigh.AssignValueColor(if AbsValue(percentFromPremarketHigh) < percentThreshold then Color.BLACK else Color.CURRENT);
AssignBackgroundColor(if AbsValue(percentFromPremarketHigh) < percentThreshold then Color.WHITE else Color.CURRENT);

I use a couple of others geared toward finding the all important VOLUME. Think I figured out how to share the TOS link...

After Hours Volume Finder

I search through several of these scans to find similar players. And also look through the TOS Chat Rooms, specifically Benzinga Squawk to look for news that hasn't been circulated yet. Then I'll narrow down the choices to between 2 - 6 players to set up on the charts at the 1m timeframe and try not to pull the trigger until I see the indicators confirming the gapping up trend. By the 3m chart it's hard for me not to jump in even though I sometimes pick wrong.

I hope this helps and is somewhat understandable... I'll try to add more later as I've got a hot date! 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator