B3 Consolidation Box: Breakout / Breakdown Indicator for ThinkorSwim

S

soary

thanks Ben, did anyone ever fgured out how to scan for consolidation on lower than daily time frame?

S

SimpleScript

could the box drawing code be used with time to draw boxes around the candles to the extent of the Hi and Lo for specific time frames?
Im interesteding drawing boxes around the candles for the Globex session, to the Hi and Lo for each overnight session on intraday charts.

I think, if I have this correctly, that for a given set of globex start time & stop time inputs, plot a box around the hi and lo and those time inputs.

Last edited:
M

Money_Maker

Question, what typically happens when you have OUTSIDE BAR?

M

Money_Maker

Forgot to mention it is appearing on the Daily timeframe.

axlerod

axlerod

HELP!! this doesnt work on my iphone how do i get it to work on my iphone?

J

JoshF

That's not true, I have TMO, SuperTrend etc working on Mobile. Some work and some dont. Specifically clouds and lines to not translate well to mobile, neither do MTF indicators are what I've found.

M

marine

Lifetime
That's not true, I have TMO, SuperTrend etc working on Mobile. Some work and some dont. Specifically clouds and lines to not translate well to mobile, neither do MTF indicators are what I've found.
well most of them will not work on mobile

J

J-Fearless

Excellent study @BenTen - probably one I have been using more than anything else recently. Really very nice. Thanks much. Defined risk and target levels really make this an excellent strategy more so than an indicator. With the stop loss line, which I assume is the mid of the range, winners are almost always bigger than losers. I'm seeing most success on a 5m. Anyone found a better time frame or has used this in interesting ways? I plan to test it on ticks as they can provide some very interesting consolidation periods irrespective of time. Long story short I'm finding very few tickers this doesn't show wonderful results on. A bonus is a pretty clear when to step aside and not trade.

ItsMeBobby9

ItsMeBobby9

Hi, Is the timeframe Daily 5/10/15 mins or 5Days 5/10/15 mins ?

Thank you.

3AMBH

3AMBH

2019 Donor
VIP
Hi Ben, I found your b3 indicator after having watched this video:
At the very least the video shines a light on how to trade contractions or consolidation boxes. The presenter shows in detail the 3 phases of the market and how to profit. He is a Forex trader but his concepts are good for all markets.

Please give it a try:

Last edited:
J

JMath3

VIP
Hello,

Is it possible to create a script to identify consolidation intraday and alerting when the breakout happens? Would like to see a box created where consolidation is happening, so I don't touch it. Once a breakout/volume pop is confirmed, send an alert and signal on the chart. Would love to hear from you all...

Thanks

C

Chadnash

VIP
Hello,

Is it possible to create a script to identify consolidation intraday and alerting when the breakout happens? Would like to see a box created where consolidation is happening, so I don't touch it. Once a breakout/volume pop is confirmed, send an alert and signal on the chart. Would love to hear from you all...

Thanks

I am working on an indicator / scanner tonight for this so I will let you know in a few days if I get some accurate results. Primary results I am testing and looking for are scanning multiple timeframes in a single scanner, or multiple watchlist indicators that all display it coming out of consolidation / sideways movement.

-Chad
nashtech.xyz

M

Moose

S

spencepuppy

VIP
Does this repaint/ If so, how many bars is it behind?

A

amalia

I would add this to the header as well:

# amalia added commentary after chatting more with B3 about the study:

# The first 2 inputs will need to be set for the chart you are looking at. What you want to find is the consolidation box settings that give you actionable targeting. If the price is shooting way past the tgt6 point, you need to lower the second input. The first input should likely be either 1, 2 or 3 only. Script is based on a strategy I learned from Ben's webcasts on TOS. He was doing some futurescast thing on consolidation boxes, and I had to see if I could make it work too. My Hypothesis is it is a great little scalper... you have to be willing to take singles and doubles and forget homers. He was trading ES

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Hey @amalia,

Welcome to our community. I've added that to the header. Thank you.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Six6God That script is called B3 Box. You can see it in this thread.