ATR Moving Average

Floss

I'm creating this strategy to time the start of periods that have entered high volatility near a trend reversal as shown in this video
and need to figure out how to calculate + display the 10 period SMA of ATR(10).
Need some pointers please.
NOTE: Not the SMA of price, but the ATR's moving average itself.
I have the script for Bollinger Band StopLoss similar to the video, but the SMA of ATR is tripping me.

Thank you.

halcyonguy

VIP
Lifetime
I'm creating this strategy to time the start of periods that have entered high volatility near a trend reversaland need to figure out how to calculate + display the 10 period SMA of ATR(10).
I have the script for Bollinger Band StopLoss similar to the video, but the SMA of ATR is tripping me.

Thank you.
just put the variable that has the ATR data inside of an average function

something like this ( I can't remember the spelling of moving average function right now so I used average as an example)

input len = 10;
def x = average( atr, len );

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimalMother

I'm creating this strategy to time the start of periods that have entered high volatility near a trend reversal as shown in this video
and need to figure out how to calculate + display the 10 period SMA of ATR(10).

Thank you.
I love traderdna. Their strategies always have 80% to 90% accuracy. If you combine two of their strategies you can achieve on average a 150% to 170% accuracy. Beautiful