Archives: RSM Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a code for the Floating P&L graph?

No, that code is licensed, therefore the code is hidden... I'm fairly certain it is tied into AddOrder() and most likely other functions; perhaps even some we don't have access to... What is your reason for asking...??? I actually debated creating my own version of AddOrder/FloatingPL a while back but have been too busy to act on the idea... Maybe it will be a winter project...

No, that code is licensed, therefore the code is hidden... I'm fairly certain it is tied into AddOrder() and most likely other functions; perhaps even some we don't have access to... What is your reason for asking...??? I actually debated creating my own version of AddOrder/FloatingPL a while back but have been too busy to act on the idea... Maybe it will be a winter project...
Using the RSM/PX strategy I think seeing the past p&l performance can help with decisions on what to get into when evaluating multiple options. It's a tool used on the PX program as well.

Using the RSM/PX strategy I think seeing the past p&l performance can help with decisions on what to get into when evaluating multiple options. It's a tool used on the PX program as well.
Like @rad14733 said, Floating P/L is a TOS default indicator, to mimic Order execution and show P/L, the trick though comes from the strategy, nothing to do with Floating P/L Code.

That said, you may want to write/modify existing strategy, to suite your trading style. Ex: existing strategy assumes, you would want to close all trades EOD and stay cash. But if that is not your style, you would want to change that in the strategy posted here.

-S

Like @rad14733 said, Floating P/L is a TOS default indicator, to mimic Order execution and show P/L, the trick though comes from the strategy, nothing to do with Floating P/L Code.

That said, you may want to write/modify existing strategy, to suite your trading style. Ex: existing strategy assumes, you would want to close all trades EOD and stay cash. But if that is not your style, you would want to change that in the strategy posted here.

-S
I have the PowerX code from the first page, but I would need to rewrite it, or add another strategy to the chart?

I have the PowerX code from the first page, but I would need to rewrite it, or add another strategy to the chart?
There is a Strategy Section, Different Script than the Upper Indicator, posted by @cos251 in Comment #1, You need to add that as a strategy in TOS, and may have to modify that piece alone to match your trade style.

Would it be possible to add a divergence line to the RSi so you can see where the divergence is for a potential breakout @SuryaKiranC @cos251
Like this?
fr2VKf9.jpg

@cos251 @SuryaKiranC : Looking at RSI for $SPY on 5 mins 07/22 chart and wanted to get your opinion on the divergence.

Notice the divergence line at the top.
Now notice the first red up arrow @ 14:10 PM EST mark and compare that to 2nd red up arrow. Shouldn't the line be drawn downwards from the first up arrow to the 2nd up arrow (closing price went up between the two)? Or am I missing something (settings perhaps) - could you please check from your end for this ticker/time frame and confirm?

2jAx17a.jpg

@cos251 @SuryaKiranC : Looking at RSI for $SPY on 5 mins 07/22 chart and wanted to get your opinion on the divergence.

Notice the divergence line at the top.
Now notice the first red up arrow @ 14:10 PM EST mark and compare that to 2nd red up arrow. Shouldn't the line be drawn downwards from the first up arrow to the 2nd up arrow (closing price went up between the two)? Or am I missing something (settings perhaps) - could you please check from your end for this ticker/time frame and confirm?
Good Catch, the problem was the parameters, I sent to @cos251, ported over from my Standard RSI Divergence Script, Adjust these to the previous values, you should be good to go.

Ruby:
input over_BoughtRSI = 80;
input over_SoldRSI = 20;

I will ask @cos251 to update this in the posted Original Script.

-Surya

Good Catch, the problem was the parameters, I sent to @cos251, ported over from my Standard RSI Divergence Script, Adjust these to the previous values, you should be good to go.

Ruby:
input over_BoughtRSI = 80;
input over_SoldRSI = 20;

I will ask @cos251 to update this in the posted Original Script.

-Surya
Thank you for looking into this. I updated the values on my end but now am not seeing that divergence line at all (seeing one at an earlier time and one at a later time - from today - but that line is completely gone). Is that as expected?

A suggestion for future (if/when y'all have time/energy/motivation): Draw the corresponding divergence lines on the top study (price graph). And color code it for ease - bearish divergence = Red lines and bluish divergence = Green lines. Maybe alerts and watch list (color coded).. Maybe this sounds like a lot, so never mind. haha

Thanks for all your contribution guys!

UPDATE:
Noticed something else on the top study.
$MSFT - 5m chart 07/23 @14:35 EST
y1jZFnO.jpg

Notice the circled (or squared) candle and the two signal (one up and one down arrow). The up arrow is from RSM and the down arrow is from HULL MA by @mashume .

Notice the candles that follow (bearish). Is there a more optimal setting you suggest to get more precise signals (maybe it depends on the time interval)?

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Noticed something else on the top study.
$MSFT - 5m chart 07/23 @14:35 EST
y1jZFnO.jpg

Notice the circled (or squared) candle and the two signal (one up and one down arrow). The up arrow is from RSM and the down arrow is from HULL MA by @mashume .

Notice the candles that follow (bearish). Is there a more optimal setting you suggest to get more precise signals (maybe it depends on the time interval)?
already working on something for noice reduction on lower frames. @cos251 might update once we have this finalized.

Reactions: bmn
Thank you for looking into this. I updated the values on my end but now am not seeing that divergence line at all (seeing one at an earlier time and one at a later time - from today - but that line is completely gone). Is that as expected?

A suggestion for future (if/when y'all have time/energy/motivation): Draw the corresponding divergence lines on the top study (price graph). And color code it for ease - bearish divergence = Red lines and bluish divergence = Green lines. Maybe alerts and watch list (color coded).. Maybe this sounds like a lot, so never mind. haha

Thanks for all your contribution guys!
As of now the Divergence line are plotted, one each, Bull and Bear, not more than that, Intend to plot/retain the past once too, should come as update.

Rest of the Suggestion, Tall order, however work in progress already on all R S M divergencies plot on top as well. Alerts and Update them to MTF, should be easy once the main code is completed, However will be resource intensive given the amount of calculations we have to do.

After all the goal is to make the system usable, not bloat it and consume all the resources. I like to keep them as simple as possible. Goal is if we get to use vZone for Scalping successfully, Use RSM for higher frames for a bit more longer game.

-S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.