Archived: Opening Range Breakout

Status
Not open for further replies.
See if this addition to the following strategy helps

Ruby:
#Arrow -----------------------------------------------------------
def orh_cross =  lowestall(if today and close crosses above orhigh then barnumber() else double.nan);
def orl_cross =  lowestall(if today and close crosses below orlow then barnumber() else double.nan);
plot orh_orl  =  if !isnan(orh_cross) and !isnan(orl_cross) then barnumber()==min(orh_cross,orl_cross) else if isnan(orh_cross) then barnumber()==orl_cross else barnumber()==orh_cross;
orh_orl.setpaintingStrategy(paintingstrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_down);
orh_orl.setlineweight(5);
#-----------------------------------------------------------------

@SleepyZ that was just PERFECT. Thank you very much!

One other question: could I separate into two plots?

The reason being - if it crossed the High, I'd want an UP arrow; if it crossed the Low, I'd want a DOWN arrow.

Thank you again!!!

@SleepyZ that was just PERFECT. Thank you very much!

One other question: could I separate into two plots?

The reason being - if it crossed the High, I'd want an UP arrow; if it crossed the Low, I'd want a DOWN arrow.

Thank you again!!!
You're welcome. Replace the following code to get directional arrows
Ruby:
#Arrow -----------------------------------------------------------
def orh_cross =  lowestall(if today and close crosses above orhigh then barnumber() else double.nan);
def orl_cross =  lowestall(if today and close crosses below orlow then barnumber() else double.nan);
def orh_orl   =  if !isnan(orh_cross) and !isnan(orl_cross)
                 then barnumber()==min(orh_cross,orl_cross)
                 else if isnan(orh_cross)
                 then barnumber()==orl_cross
                 else barnumber()==orh_cross;
plot orhcross =  if orh_orl == 1 and barnumber()==orh_cross then orh_cross else double.nan;
orhcross.setpaintingStrategy(paintingstrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_up);
orhcross.setdefaultColor(color.yellow);
orhcross.setlineweight(5);
plot orlcross =  if orh_orl == 1 and barnumber()==orl_cross then orl_cross else double.nan;
orlcross.setpaintingStrategy(paintingstrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_down);
orlcross.setdefaultColor(color.yellow);
orlcross.setlineweight(5);
#-----------------------------------------------------------------

How come when I turn off the extended hours, the ORB range lines all go to the next day but the target lines still intact. tried multiple versions on this thread, all the same

@vince92615 I have not experienced that problem but I am not trading on the ORB anymore. The highest All lag that ToS built into the latest upgrade makes this indicator unworkable.

Some posters have had better luck with this one. I haven't used it but perhaps it will fix your problems and it doesn't lag.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/opening-range-breakout-orb-scanner-for-thinkorswim.68/
Thank you that one worked, doesn’t have targets included but I just overlayed another one with it.

Hello & Welcome @jesusguajardo24 Are you referring to the shared link in post#1?
Screenshot (131).png

The link is working. Did you follow these instructions? --> Easiest way to load shared links
If you are still having problems, please describe what steps you took and the results.
Upload images to illustrate the problem.
Don't know how to upload screenshots to the forum? Here are directions.

hi Ben, I just found this indicator today. its been great. been hearing a lot about it from others and many great review. Thank You!!
I cant see the red and green area in mine. what changes can I make to see that?

hi Ben, I just found this indicator today. its been great. been hearing a lot about it from others and many great review. Thank You!!
I cant see the red and green area in mine. what changes can I make to see that?

In setting turn on cloud . It's set to off by default.

Hey guys, I wanted to see if someone could please put something together for me. I'd like something like some of @BenTen opening range breakout indicators, but that just plots lines of where the price range during the morning from 930am-1005am and again from 1330-1405pm.

It would be awesome if we could also make a watchlist like the opening range breakout column that makes a column to show if the price is in the Afternoon Range, between the morning and afternoon or in the morning range. If thats too much, then just the watchlist column showing if the price is within the afternoon range or not.

I would like to backtest a strategy with this. and if it works how I theorize it will perhaps we could work together to make an indicator and strategy out of it. If you are interested in this strategy please let me know and I can explain it.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a pic of an indicator that does the same thing, but on TradingView that I saw someone post.

NEgxxpe.png

Hey guys, I wanted to see if someone could please put something together for me. I'd like something like some of @BenTen opening range breakout indicators, but that just plots lines of where the price range during the morning from 930am-1005am and again from 1330-1405pm.

It would be awesome if we could also make a watchlist like the opening range breakout column that makes a column to show if the price is in the Afternoon Range, between the morning and afternoon or in the morning range. If thats too much, then just the watchlist column showing if the price is within the afternoon range or not.

I would like to backtest a strategy with this. and if it works how I theorize it will perhaps we could work together to make an indicator and strategy out of it. If you are interested in this strategy please let me know and I can explain it.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a pic of an indicator that does the same thing, but on TradingView that I saw someone post.

NEgxxpe.png
yeah ofcourse i would just use two open range breakouts, and change the times of one indicator. here is the indicator, i would also change it to show today only. https://usethinkscript.com/threads/opening-range-breakout-indicator-for-thinkorswim.16/
how do you use this to trade if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks for your help!

NEgxxpe.png
@michigandolf has a nice 30min OR on tradingview just fyi if you ae looking for another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.