Add Chart Bubble On Previous Candle

TigerWares

VIP
This is what I have

AddChartBubble(pl, low, "PL", Color.WHITE, no);

It comes up fine but I want it to display on the previous candle not the current one.

Can't find anything on Google.

Solution
in a sense your right tigerwares.... it can be done by defining the time frame and then selecting the bar you want to move the label for and insterting a [-1] or [+1] depending on the direction you want to shift it. The code provided by @korygill works quite well.

Fvw5tlQ.png

Code:
# GetDayValues
# Author: Kory Gill, @korygill
#
# VERSION HISTORY (sortable date and time (your local time is fine), and your initials
# 20190823-1400-KG    - Created.
# ...
# ...
declare hide_on_daily;
declare once_per_bar;

input onUpper = yes;

#
# logic
#
def nan = Double.NaN;
def isRollover = GetYYYYMMDD() != GetYYYYMMDD()[1];
def beforeStart = GetTime() < RegularTradingStart(GetYYYYMMDD());
def afterEnd = GetTime() >...
in a sense your right tigerwares.... it can be done by defining the time frame and then selecting the bar you want to move the label for and insterting a [-1] or [+1] depending on the direction you want to shift it. The code provided by @korygill works quite well.

Fvw5tlQ.png

Code:
# GetDayValues
# Author: Kory Gill, @korygill
#
# VERSION HISTORY (sortable date and time (your local time is fine), and your initials
# 20190823-1400-KG    - Created.
# ...
# ...
declare hide_on_daily;
declare once_per_bar;

input onUpper = yes;

#
# logic
#
def nan = Double.NaN;
def isRollover = GetYYYYMMDD() != GetYYYYMMDD()[1];
def beforeStart = GetTime() < RegularTradingStart(GetYYYYMMDD());
def afterEnd = GetTime() > RegularTradingEnd(GetYYYYMMDD());
def firstBarOfDay = if (beforeStart[1] == 1 and beforeStart == 0) or (isRollover and beforeStart == 0) then 1 else 0;
def lastBarOfDay = if
    (afterEnd[-1] == 1 and afterEnd == 0) or
    (isRollover[-1] and firstBarOfDay[-1])
    then 1
    else 0;

#
# Identify first bar of day and last bar of day on chart
#
AddChartBubble(
    firstBarOfDay and onUpper,
    close,
    "First Bar of Day",
    Color.GREEN,
    yes);

AddChartBubble(
    lastBarOfDay and onUpper,
    close,
    "Last Bar of Day",
    Color.GREEN,
    no);

#
# plots
#
plot p1 = if !onUpper then isRollover else nan;
plot p2 = if !onUpper then beforeStart else nan;
plot p3 = if !onUpper then afterEnd else nan;
plot p4 = if !onUpper then firstBarOfDay else nan;
plot p5 = if !onUpper then lastBarOfDay else nan;

p1.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
p2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
p3.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(3));
p4.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(4));
p5.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));

AddLabel(!onUpper, "isRollOver", GetColor(1));
AddLabel(!onUpper, "beforeStart", GetColor(2));
AddLabel(!onUpper, "afterEnd", GetColor(3));
AddLabel(!onUpper, "firstBarOfDay", GetColor(4));
AddLabel(!onUpper, "lastBarOfDay", GetColor(5));

Solution
I would like to know how or if its possible to make a script that shows the low/high of the previous candle. I've tried searching and only found something in regards to a 5 minute candle, but that didn't work and when I tried to modify it I could only get the high and low of the current candle. I know if you hover you can see it but thats too small. Thanks in advance.

@MerryDay so far I have modified it to this and it seems to show the high price and low price over the last 2 minutes, but I just want to add chart bubble that say the high and low of the previous candle. ideally on any timeframe, but if I have to pick 1 minute timeframe. Thanks again
Code:
#hint: High/low bubbles on last candle
input count = 2;
def l = low(period = aggregationperiod.MIN);
def h = high(period = aggregationperiod.MIN);
def FiveBarLow = lowest(l,count);
def FiveBarHigh = highest(h,count);
def LastBar = if IsNan(Close[-1]) then 1 else 0;
Addchartbubble(LastBar, low, "Low(2): " + FiveBarLow, color.white, no);
Addchartbubble(LastBar, high, "Hi(2): " + FiveBarHigh, color.white, yes);

@jokajon00 very nice first try!
For studies to work on any timeframe there can not be any 'overriding' aggregation period.
Also as there is no request for the lowest or highest of a range of candles, there is no need for the lowest or highest statements.
This leaves the code looking like this:
Ruby:
#High/low bubbles for the previous candle
Addchartbubble(isnan(close[-1]), low, "Low previous candle: " +low[1], color.violet);
Addchartbubble(isnan(close[-1]), high, "Hi previous candle: " +high[1], color.violet);
NRb8AvK.png

HTH

@MerryDay awesome. just realized its taking price from regular candle. So I did a search for some Hekin-Ashi scripts and came to this for HA high and HA low of prev candle. Seems to be working, but just want to make sure code is right. Thanks
Code:
#Heikin-Ashi Hi-Low Previous Candle
def hc = (open + high + low + close ) / 4;
def ho = CompoundValue( 1, ( ho[1] + hc[1] ) / 2, hc );
def hh = Max(Max(high , ho), hc);
def hl = Min(Min(low , ho), hc);

Addchartbubble(isnan(close[-1]), hl, "Low(2): " +hl[1], color.violet, no);
Addchartbubble(isnan(close[-1]), hh, "Hi(2): " +hh[1], color.violet, yes);

@jokajon00 very nice first try!
For studies to work on any timeframe there can not be any 'overriding' aggregation period.
Also as there is no request for the lowest or highest of a range of candles, there is no need for the lowest or highest statements.
This leaves the code looking like this:
Ruby:
Addchartbubble(isnan(close[-1]), low, "Low previous candle: " +low[1], color.violet);
Addchartbubble(isnan(close[-1]), high, "Hi previous candle: " +high[1], color.violet);
NRb8AvK.png

HTH
Is there a way for the bubble to be displayed on the previous candle and not on the current candle?

Have been trying to find something similar to this one https://www.tradingview.com/v/c02nPtMK/

Is there a way for the bubble to be displayed on the previous candle and not on the current candle?

Have been trying to find something similar to this one https://www.tradingview.com/v/c02nPtMK/
See if this helps
Code:
#Addchartbubble_Display High @candle to left of Conditional Candle Displaying High of Candle to Left

plot ma1 = Average(close, 2);
plot ma2 = Average(close, 5);
def cond = ma1 crosses above ma2;

#Bubble placed where cond happened displaying the cond high
AddChartBubble(cond, high, high, Color.MAGENTA);

#Bubble placed @High of Previous Candle to the Conditional Candle
addchartbubble(cond[-1],high[0],high[0],color.white);
Capture.jpg

Last edited:
See if this helps

I think maxismiami was asking how to get this code to move one candle to the left:

Your code does something quite different. Can you help?

I seem to have it working, but is there any way to only make it show on the last candle vs every last candle?

Code:
#Previous Candle High/Low Bubbles
input bubblemoversideways = -1;
def b  = bubblemoversideways;
def b1 = b + 1;
input bubblemoverupdown   = 3;
AddChartBubble(round(low[b]), high[b] + bubblemoverupdown * TickSize(), "PCL " + round(low), Color.WHITE);
AddChartBubble(round(high[b]), high[b] + bubblemoverupdown * TickSize(), "PCH" + round(high), Color.YELLOW);

Last edited:
I seem to have it working, but is there any way to only make it show on the last candle vs every last candle?

Code:
#Previous Candle High/Low Bubbles
input bubblemoversideways = -1;
def b1 = b + 1;
AddChartBubble(round(low[b]), high[b] + bubblemoverupdown * TickSize(), "" + round(low), Color.WHITE);
AddChartBubble(round(high[b]), high[b] + bubblemoverupdown * TickSize(), "" + round(high), Color.YELLOW);/CODE]

You can add something between the quotes if you want it to say something.

This should help. It is compilation of the codes on this thread using the bubblemover code and hard coded offsets to move the bubble displaying the previous candles values one bar left of the current candle. The bubblemover is just a more flexible way of moving bubbles wherever you want.

You are right, I must not in my original response to @maxismiami, clicked open his request to see his example, and my response was just a general way to move bubbles.

Hope this helps
Capture.jpg
Ruby:
input bubblemoversideways = -2;
def b1 = b + 1;

Addchartbubble(!isnan(close[b1]) and isnan(close[b]), low[b1+1], "Low previous candle: " +low[b1+1], color.violet);
Addchartbubble(!isnan(close[b1]) and isnan(close[b]), high[b1+1], "Hi previous candle: " +high[b1+1], color.violet);

def PCH = round(high);
def PCL = round(low);

AddChartBubble(!isnan(close[b1]) and isnan(close[b]), high[b1+1] + bubblemoverupdown * TickSize(), "" + PCH[b1+1], Color.YELLOW);

#Heikin-Ashi Hi-Low Previous Candle
def hc = (open + high + low + close ) / 4;
def ho = CompoundValue( 1, ( ho[1] + hc[1] ) / 2, hc );
def hh = Max(Max(high , ho), hc);
def hl = Min(Min(low , ho), hc);

Addchartbubble(!isnan(close[-1]) and isnan(close[-2]), hl[0], "Low(2): " +hl[0], color.violet, no);
Addchartbubble(!isnan(close[-1]) and isnan(close[-2]), hh[0], "Hi(2): " +hh[0], color.violet, yes);

This should help. It is compilation of the codes on this thread using the bubblemover code and hard coded offsets to move the bubble displaying the previous candles values one bar left of the current candle. The bubblemover is just a more flexible way of moving bubbles wherever you want.

You are right, I must not in my original response to @maxismiami, clicked open his request to see his example, and my response was just a general way to move bubbles.

Hope this helps

You are the man, thank you so much!!! I have a feeling this one will be quite popular!

Here is my final edit from yours:

Code:
#High/low bubbles for the previous candle (change color/transparency under Globals)
input bubblemoversideways = -2;
def b1 = b + 1;
DefineGlobalColor("high", Color.YELLOW);
DefineGlobalColor("low", Color.WHITE);

Addchartbubble(!isnan(close[b1]) and isnan(close[b]), low[b1+1], "PC Low" +round(low[b1+1]), GlobalColor("low"));
Addchartbubble(!isnan(close[b1]) and isnan(close[b]), high[b1+1], "PC High " +round(high[b1+1]), GlobalColor("high"));

EDIT: Added color and transparency options for the bubbles, under Globals.

Last edited:
Looking for:

1. code to just show the previous candle open as a bubble?

2. Is there a way to just show the previous candle open no matter what time frame your chart is on?

3. Can someone help with an indicator to show a bubble of current candle open for scalping NQ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for:

1. code to just show the previous candle open as a bubble?

2. Is there a way to just show the previous candle open no matter what time frame your chart is on?

3. Can someone help with an indicator to show a bubble of current candle open for scalping NQ?

This should do all 3 above

Screenshot-2023-01-31-105041.png
Code:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-2]) and !isnan(close[1]), high, "O: " +  open, color.white);

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.