Accessing Level II Data with thinkScript?

edgylime

edgylime

VIP
Hi all, I am new to thinkScript and am looking for a way to access level II data. Ideally I am working to build a sort of histogram system on the right-side y-axis to show the depth of Bids and Asks currently in the order book. If anyone could point me in the right direction, maybe to a section in thinkScript_Cloud that covers accessing level II data or anywhere else that I could find info on how to do it I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
ThinkorSwim already provide Level II data by default. You just have to enable it via the Widget side of the chart. If your question is about creating a custom script based on the Level II data, then I don't know if that is possible.

edgylime

edgylime

VIP
Ah yes I should have been more clear my mistake. I have level II enabled already, was hoping to write a script that was based on level II data.

orion

orion

Ah yes I should have been more clear my mistake. I have level II enabled already, was hoping to write a script that was based on level II data.
I was having the same thought just 10 minutes ago, this is something I am also interested in doing

T

tradebyday

How would you use the level 2 data for a script exactly? Maybe some explanation for the logic behind the system so people have something to work with here?