What happened to "no holy grail" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmeade

Hi all,

I was following a thread call "no-holy-grail-make-it-happen-by-using-wave-theory" that was started by J007RMC and it seems to have disappeared, does anyone know why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this something I have done often but today I called an aapl trade I really do not know if anyone will find this helpful? I've never posted anything like this before and I did not give much credence to the major minor lines but everything was in play here we go.

The market certainly not looking like a great day. My intentions today will be to scalp apple both calls and puts to make up losses for last week's 97.5 call strike before the market dumped.

The SPY looks to run up I'm in aapl 290 call strike x6 a bit on mid to higher time frames but weak on lower time frames. Apple is moving up on the momentum and 3 points of confluence with a short potential of 286-281.

Today I intend to stay with the 9/30 strategy along with the major and minor line formations. Apple and spy have room to go up.

Closed first aapl trade mkt losing momentum $210 profit roughly over 7% gain but still down aapl 2,050.

Back in aapl x 6 strike 290 targets. The 9 day crossed above the 30 day ema but the market looks weak so I closed trade. Today's profit 6.5% or $450.00

Next trade will be looking to short apple? I am trading the 2min chart the MACD and full stochastics are close to topping out so I wait for my short setup.

Took my 3rd aapl trade shorts strike 290 x6 legged in with another 6 with a potential 287.68 target on 2min chart with the vwap at 288.92 is a waiting game now. The market continues to look weak with a no news day. Apple stochastics and MACD dropping still on a 2min chart. Apple short target is now 289 at vwap unless my 9 day breaks below the 30 day then I hold. I just switched to the 5min chart aapl will drop possibly to 287. MACD has yet to top on the 5min but getting closer. 30 day close to breaking below the 9-day great sign here. New target 287.30 for payday. Aapl holding onto 290 with the spy MACD leveling out losing momentum.

Legged into aapl for another 6 contracts total 18. The interesting fact about the MACD this is an unbound indicator. The SPX and DOW both green with the QQQ an R200 RED. The apple adx at 14.2 trending lightly. The mid to longer-term aapl stochastics show momentum up slightly where the short term stochastics show it dropping a good sign. The 9 day above the 30 day, not a good sign.

Normally I prefer to be in and out of my trades quickly. Today apple wants 292 57 sometimes it takes a strong/weak market to affect apple. Note: I now have the convergence of the major and minor lines at the top I expect to see some downward pressure on apple now.

SPY hitting major resistance as planned now I've legged into apple for a total of 36 put strike 290 contracts now is the waiting game for real.

Topped my day with apple x5 calls to end at $3,285.74 profit Pl considering my last week's apple blunder today's total account balance up 11.98%. Done day or 8-hour wage at $410.72/hour.. Folks, I do this every day and I laid the trades out.

I usually play the weeklies unless the day falls on a Thursday then I play the following week.

It is very important to understand depending on how far out your contracts are you can still scalp and make the difference plus more back if you have the education and experience to manage the trade. I hope someone reads and learns from today's posting. Not something I regularly post. By I put everything into play on the trade that refers to swing hi/los, pivots, laguerre upper lines, the 9/30 strategy, stochastic and the MACD along with the major and minor lines formations and a modified slim with no paint chart. Probably missing the wave lines on this chart easy enough to add. https://tos.mx/tDkBkXb

Last edited:
nice writeup J007RMC!
Wanted to discuss something with you... are you the same user id on Reddit? I sent you a message there since I can't message here.

@J007RMC With the MACD,stoch settings you have in there by default, they seem to lag so much sometimes it seems like they run in opposite directions. I'm still trying to figure out how you're getting your confirmations with these along with your uppers...?

Yes, I've switched over to the SMI ergodic along with a MACZWAP for my lower indicators. And I recently switched my software platform to Trading View but maintain my TD account for placing and exiting trades. I've been with TD for so many years and since they sold I've noticed a lot of irregularities in TOS. Slow to load issues at market open trading with only the price no indicators working type of things and little annoying stuff like dropping tickers off the watchlist and needing to add those back continually. I've spent time with support like deleting the cache and other stuff.

They seemed to have dropped the ball in my view. Where Trading View is web-based with great indicator selections and their platforms seem to run much smoother. I'm liking the change. Eventually, I will move my account to a different broker the trading group I belong too has a great price with e-trade at .25 per options contract. Now with Trading View, I use harmonics and an EMA with a WMA for my moving averages, a Super Trend with buy signals, and a VWAP with std deviation bands indicator. All works for me and my PL has never been better since the switch.

Last edited:
since they sold I've noticed a lot of irregularities in TOS. Slow to load issues at market open trading with only the price no indicators working type of things and little annoying stuff like dropping tickers off the watchlist and needing to add those back continually. I've spent time with support like deleting the cache and other stuff.

Thank you for sharing that. I've been noticing TOS issues too. Yesterday candles were freezing and the only way to get updated data was to close the program and restart. Because it's unclear what Schwab intends to do with TOS, I'm getting concerned that I'm too TOS-dependent. I hate to move away from TOS, but it's getting to the point that I don't trust it.

I have the same problem with tickers going missing from the watchlist. The fix that works for me is to sort the watchlist alphabetically so the tickers aren't jumping up and down on the list. That solves the problem of symbols dropping off, but it doesn't help much if the list is more useful when sorted other ways.

Thank you for sharing that. I've been noticing TOS issues too. Yesterday candles were freezing and the only way to get updated data was to close the program and restart. Because it's unclear what Schwab intends to do with TOS, I'm getting concerned that I'm too TOS-dependent. I hate to move away from TOS, but it's getting to the point that I don't trust it.

I have the same problem with tickers going missing from the watchlist. The fix that works for me is to sort the watchlist alphabetically so the tickers aren't jumping up and down on the list. That solves the problem of symbols dropping off, but it doesn't help much if the list is more useful when sorted other ways.
I agree and nothing more depressing not having charts load at open they froze. Many times I closed and loaded a virgin chart just to know wtf was happening. Well, I spent hours online with support and followed the recommendations with no improvements.

I just needed to purchase some additional data with Trading View at $6.00/month. Subscription to the platform is billed annually.
Summary​
Product
Price​
ARCA - ARCA & MKT (1-month)
$2.00​
NASDAQ - NASDAQ Stock Market (1-month)
$2.00​
NYSE - New York Stock Exchange (1-month)
$2.00​
Total: $6.00​

For those not aware of the rule of 72 please research, it can change everything for those younger traders but at my age, I adapt and make it happen lol.

Last edited:
Regardless of market conditions with patience, we can catch the lo's and highs of price movement and continue to prosper as traders, that is a given.

How does this setup work? I like to intraday trade but would love to hear about how to leverage this to take advantage of longer term swings. I mainly use EMA's, VWAP, volume, vol avg, etc. most of the basic stuff. This whole thing looks pretty intricate. What are you looking for to start thinking about executing an entry?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, the indicators you use with charts can be as simple as two moving average a slow and a fast. Bottom indicators are great to confirm the direction/ momentum of movement, so long as the stock is in sync with the overall market direction, that's great. But the theory behind using wave plots is to help us confirm the end of the trend short/ long buy low sell high or visa versa. Sometimes I feel using too many indicators helps cloud our judgments. Catch the trend know the stocks you trade supply and demand. It's just a bid/ ask numbers game, and don't let the numbers leave you in the dust unless you know where the stock is moving. Cost average where appropriate note the news plus market sentiment. I like fast in and outs because tomorrow is always a new day, and monies are in the bank, and I was taught to stack my gains. Usually, I run two charts say a 5 and 15 to gauge momentum trade off the 2 min chart. Just mho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N How to determine if an event happened within the last xx bars Questions 9