What are your favorite (1-Minute) chart Indicators?

murkr

VIP
I'm currently trading low-float, high relative volume, gapped stocks on the (1-Minute) chart and I'm trying to find some indicators to help aid me that I've never used before.

I'm currently using:
  • Trendpainter
  • RSI
  • Volume
  • VWAP
  • 9 EMA
  • 20 EMA
What other indicators do you feel is a must trading on a 1-minute chart?
ben, please don't throw my post in some old thread to never be seen again lol.

BenTen's Watchlist + Setup + Trade Recaps

Get access to Ben's watchlist, swing trading strategy, ThinkorSwim setup, and trade examples.

Learn more

HOW do you use it ? a picture of a chart is not an explanation ! for instance when this arrow appears and the rsi 7 reaches 45, and the aa acc lines meet at low of chart, , then long the stock!
see what i mean ! the above is fictional !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes for the RSI and accumulation when lines come to a point at top least consider selling and visa versa while watching rsi.. The red and green and blue arrows are the FVO-Raf upper script. The histo is a modified Fisher. Choose which indicators you want to keep but watch it first on times 15 min and below to see the upper RAF study. The red and green Squares at top and bottom are swing hi and lo's using a swing wave script. Lines on the chart merely show the ema's. I'm using a 2,5,15 min grid with this. can also reset the rsi .

Last edited:
@pkcfc I don't know about the RAF indicator specifically, but any indicator that uses multiple timeframes will likely to repaint in a sense that it has to wait for the candle from the highest timeframe to close for confirmation.

Hey Guys - just wanted to provide a little feedback on the FVO-RAF-Upper that was in question here.
The indicator is based on combining the CCI and Fisher Transform indicators into one. Specifically we are looking for instances when the Fisher Transform crosses above/below itself (FTOneBarBack) and CCI crosses above/below +/-100. There also arrows plotted when the FT crosses above/below itself and CCI is greater/less than itself one back back. At least that is the general explanation. This indicator (combo) produces a tone of signals on Timeframes lower than 15 minutes and should not be used as an indication to buy or sell but purely as it is intended - indication. What I have found useful is to check the 15m and 30m charts for further indication of what may be going on in the 5m chart - assuming you are day trading. I have re-worked or at least cleaned up the script and renamed it as originally I was working on trying to reproduce the Ready-Aim-Fire indicator from Simpler Trading. This should not be mistaken for that. Also I am making an assumption here in terms of repainting, for the current time frame it will not if the arrow shows up it should not go away if the test ends up true. Sorry, I don't have a good understanding of repainting just yet. I was also working on a MTF version of this, I do have a version where you can specify the timeframe you want and it will plot the arrows for the higher timeframe but it is also messy (a lot of arrows). I have to find a way to just produce one signal with out putting all the higher timeframe arrows on there.

I hope this helps - if you have questions feel free to ask - I'll do my best to answer.

**EDIT - forgot to mention the indicator also includes the volume spike points on the candles - this was borrowed from open source code made available by Simpler Trading. You can disable that plot if you don't want to see the high volume spike points/bubbles

Code:
# FVO_Fisher_CCI_Combo
# Recycled Indicators - combined by @cos251
# 2020.10.01    -    The script will calculate the FisherTransform and CCI in combination to generate signals
#                    indicating possible trend.  The signals alone are not buy or sell signals but only a
#                    combination of two indicators to provide indication or trend as they relate to the two
#                    indicators mentioned.

# Signals            GREEN UP ARROW - FT crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI has crossed above +100
#                    DARK_GREEN UP ARROW - FT crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI > CCI[1]
#                    RED DOWN ARROW - FT crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI has crossed below -100
#                    DARK_RED DOWN ARROW - FT crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI < CCI[1]
###############################################################################################################

declare upper;

#### Fisher Transform Inputs
input length = 10;
input volumeFastLength = 1;
input volumeSlowLength = 20;
input volumeOscThreshold = 0.5;

###### CCI Inputs
input lengthCCI = 14;
input over_sold = -100;
input over_bought = 100;
input showBreakoutSignals = no;
def offset = .5;

###################### Calculate Fisher Transform & CCI ###########################################
def maxHigh;
def minLow;
def range;
def value;
def truncValue;
def fish;
def FTUpArrow;
def FTDownArrow;
def FTOneBarBack;

maxHigh = Highest(hl2(), length);
minLow = Lowest(hl2(), length);
range = maxHigh - minLow;
value = if IsNaN(hl2()) then Double.NaN else if IsNaN(range)
    then value[1] else if range == 0 then 0 else 0.66 * ((hl2() - minLow) / range - 0.5) + 0.67 * value[1];
truncValue = if value > 0.99 then 0.999 else if value < -0.99 then -0.999 else value;
fish = 0.5 * (log((1 + truncValue) / (1 - truncValue)) + fish[1]);
FTOneBarBack = fish[1];
FTUpArrow = if (fish[1] < FTOneBarBack[1]) and (fish > FTOneBarBack) then 1 else
    Double.NaN;
FTDownArrow = if (fish[1] > FTOneBarBack[1]) and (fish < FTOneBarBack) then 1 else
    Double.Nan;

# CCI Calculation
def price;
def linDev;
def CCI;
price = close() + low() + high();
linDev = lindev(price, lengthCCI);
CCI = if linDev == 0 then 0 else (price - Average(price, lengthCCI)) / linDev / 0.015;

# Signals for both FisherTransform and CCI
# Find if CCI current is crossed above AND is greater than 100 within previou 2 bars
def CCIUpSignal = if lowest(CCI[1],2) < 100 and CCI > 100 then 1 else Double.Nan;
# Find if CCI current is crossed below  AND is less than -100 within previou 2 bars
def CCIDownSignal = if highest(CCI[1],2) > -100 and CCI < -100 then 1 else Double.Nan;
# Find if curent fish is greater then fish previous at least 2 bars back
def FTUp = if lowest(fish[1],2) < FTOneBarBack and fish > FTOneBarBack then 1 else Double.NaN;
# Find if current fish is less than previous fish at least 2 bars back
def FTDOWN = if highest(fish[1],2) > FTOneBarBack and fish < FTOneBarBack then 1 else Double.NaN;

##### PLOTS  #####
# Plot arrow if CCI crossed above +100 and is currently greater than +100 and FT has crossed above FTOneBarBack
plot comboUP = if CCIUpSignal and FTUp then 1 else double.Nan;
comboUP.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
comboUP.AssignValueColor(Color.GREEN);
# Plot arrow if CCI crossed below -100 and is currently less than -100 and FT has crossed below FTOneBarBack
plot comboDown = if CCIDownSignal and FTDown then 1 else double.Nan;
comboDown.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
comboDown.AssignValueColor(Color.RED);

# Signal - Plot if FT has crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI is greater than previous CCI
plot fishUPCCIUp = if (FTOneBarBack[1] > fish[1] and FTOneBarBack < fish and CCI > CCI[1]) then 1 else Double.Nan;
fishUPCCIUp.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
fishUPCCIUp.AssignValueColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
# Signal - Plot if FT has crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI is less than previous CCI
plot fishDownCCIDown = if (FTOneBarBack[1] < fish[1] and FTOneBarBack > fish and CCI < CCI[1]) then 1 else Double.Nan;
fishDownCCIDown.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
fishDownCCIDown.AssignValueColor(Color.DARK_RED);

###################################################################
# Volume Spike
# Credit to Raghee Horner shared scripts shared_ST
def volumeOsc = reference VolumeOsc("fast length" = volumeFastLength, "slow length" = volumeSlowLength, "diff type" = "percent");
plot VolumeSpike = volumeOsc > volumeOscThreshold;
VolumeSpike.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
VolumeSpike.SetLineWeight(3);
VolumeSpike.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_POINTS);
###################################################################

I'm having good things happen so far...Thank you so very much. I am finding the cci/fisher combo to be great stuff. I use the RAF in combination with a wolf wave script I have. Unfortunately, I cannot share that script. So the RAF helps me to confirm my wave subsets at these time frames.

I constantly strive to make my charts cleaner and not cluttered so I believe this is a good start.

Last edited:
No indicators. Price Action only. Manually draw in Pre-Market H/L, Previous Day's Close, Opening Range, * Demand & Supply Zones *, trading mid to large caps all optionable using Calls/Puts/Credit & Debit Spreads. Platform: TOS Active Trader modified for real-time intraday Options trading.

Screen Shot

Shared Workspace: http://tos.mx/d8VjWW9

Last edited:

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator