Whaley Breadth Thrust

R

remi

Hey guys, I am brand new, is there a way to download the code to create this indicator on TOS?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@remi Use the shared link above and import it to your ToS by going to Setup > Open shared item...

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

Don't know if anybody follows these (I'm still on the fence), but the breakaway thrust just triggered, which hasn't happened since early Jan 2019.

R

radnor

The Whaley SPT signals off of the March lows might have been expected for a bounce given the sharpness of the decline. But, the recent Breakaway (6/3 & 6/5) plus Whaley ADT on 6/8/20 coming this late in a rally are unusual indicators that the rally may have legs.
The lower indicators appear to be broken for Desmond and Whaley UDT when using NYSE (showing errors the last few weeks). I had to change those to NASDAQ composite.

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

I just use them as the upper indicators with the vertical lines. As much as I hate this rally, this thing has some strong momentum. The thing that worries me the most is the spy to qqq ratio. Lowest it's been since the dot-com boom. The only difference being the RSI is no way near as sunk as back then.

R

radnor

Certainly a tech heavy uptrend. Ongoing strength in NASDAQ (COMP & NDX) vs middling SPX vs weaker $DJI vs even weaker RUT.
The upper indicators (vertical lines) show thrust dates based on the lower indicators. NYSE and AMEX inputs have been broken for several weeks in Desmond and Whaley UDT. Weird that they still show good data for earlier in the year, though.