Using dual long strategies: how to prevent one strat from exiting another's order?

blindsquirrel

Brand new to thinkscript. But, I've coded these same strategies into Sierra, Ninja.

I have a combination mean reversion / trend following strategy which works pretty well. I've separated them into to 2 separate strats, and applied them to a chart.

Problem is, an entry order gets placed by one Strat, and the other Strat sometimes will exit the position.

Is there anyway to get a handle on the order the Strat places so it will only exit it's own orders and not orders of another Strat?

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
I think you would have to place them into a separate chart. ToS backtesting has lots of limitations, and this could be one of them.

blindsquirrel

Thanks for the reply.

I'm in the process of creating conditional orders with OCO Bracket to implement the strategies live (live in the simulator, that is :cool:).

I don't currently see a way to layer both strategies together using cond. orders. So, I'll just have to manually be sure that only one of these strategies has a working order (in one direction).

I might be able to do a complex chain of order triggers OCO->triggers OCO to accomplish what I want, but am still figuring things out.