Unable to Scan Using Custom Quote Indicators

FreshD

I am trying to use the stock hacker scanners to filter by custom quote indicators that I have created. Some of them are able to be used but, others are greyed out and not available for selection. What is the criteria for a custom quote indicator being able to be used in the scanners?

Also, how do you insert an image into this forum? I tried creating a google drive link for the associated screen shots of this issue but, I get an error when pasting the link in the "insert image" button at the top of this text editor. I pasted links below from google drive. The spread code isn't available to use as a filter but, is a very simple script. However, the code for 5-year percent change I created is available to use as a filter.

Greyed Out Custom Quotes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n1-hw7LH8Y53R9s_j-zs7Iimu2DDeJ7i/view?usp=sharing

Spread Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PqzJCRYfNyguY65GnaF7Rng2BolkV7hx/view?usp=sharing

5-year Percent Change Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TGu12diJZIGQDhZuAfkzQ_2XyS6Ahdf/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your response MerryDay. After reviewing the information in the links provided, I see that BID and ASK cannot be used for scans. Would a scan be able to use the "Mark" price of the stock in a custom quote to filter or scan for results instead. I am trying to get a ratio of the option midpoint price to the stock price. I am currently using "close()/close(getunderlyingSymbol())*100" in the options scanner to give the percentage of the option price to the stock price. I would like to have the option price based on the Mark price instead of the Last. The thinkscript manual I was reading said that price types are only reserved for FOREX symbols. I can't come up with a workaround at the moment.

Thanks for your response MerryDay. After reviewing the information in the links provided, I see that BID and ASK cannot be used for scans. Would a scan be able to use the "Mark" price of the stock in a custom quote to filter or scan for results instead. I am trying to get a ratio of the option midpoint price to the stock price. I am currently using "close()/close(getunderlyingSymbol())*100" in the options scanner to give the percentage of the option price to the stock price. I would like to have the option price based on the Mark price instead of the Last. The thinkscript manual I was reading said that price types are only reserved for FOREX symbols. I can't come up with a workaround at the moment.
def midpoint = close+open/2 ;

previous candle would be:
def midpoint = close[1]+open[1]/2 ;

ToS platform uses pre-defined aggregations:
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Constants/AggregationPeriod

Hey MerryDay, thanks again. It appears that the aggregation period for the options on my scanner is 1 min (60,000 miliseconds). When I use the code "def midpoint = (close()+open())/2;" the calculated values are not adding up to the midpoint between the open and close of the last 1 minute candle.

Hey MerryDay, thanks for the information. I was able to get the code to run. I am using it sort by the custom quote rather than filter with it, which the platform is allowing me to do. I have been using this as kind of a workaround. My question is more regarding how to get an estimate of the the underlying option price. I can’t use the mark price in the custom quote, so I was trying to somehow get a good approximation of it. Using the last price hasn’t been a very good approximation. I was trying to maybe use the midpoint of the last or current candle but, the code I showed appears to be doing something far different than this.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.