Tweak RAF (ready,aim,fire) to only display Major Buys/Major Sells that are Overbought/Oversold

M

madpuri

Hey guys. Just wanted to acknowledge a couple of the mentions so far. Thanks so much. I have been looking a various items trying to pinpoint the thrust squares and zero trend line. I am sorry to say that I have not found the exact match. I've reviewed so much, the Darvas Box 2.0, Propulsion dots from Raghee, the EMA's. A lot of them look close but no exact match. I think we can't be too far off. I'll keep hunting for it in the mean time.

A few of you asked how the "FIRE" signal gets plotted. Below is the code of when and how Magenta Arrows get plotted. The "READY" and "AIM" signals are SOAP buy and sell signals and TEMPLATE buy and sell signals. They technically constitute a second indicator that FW Trade had developed. They wrapped it all into one including the 3x Stochastics (which are used to plot the up and down arrows for each Stochastic and the FisherTransform). If you guys are looking for more confirmation when using the RAF I would recommend turning on the plots for the FS8x5 and FS5x3, those are faster moving signals that can help decide if a trend is taking place. The FS17x5 and corresponding up and down arrows will provide the final confirmation for moves. Of course, you should be using other indicators to confirm your own strategy as always. And, it seems that 30m and DAY charts seem to be the best match, although I've personally have seen good signal matchup across the 5m, 15m and 30m charts for intra-day.

Thanks again guys.

(The fish1, fish2 and fish3 below are the actual calculations for the respective stochastic, just FYI, all the code is in the indicator)

Code:
plot FS5x3 = fish1;
plot FS8x5 = fish2;
plot FS17x5 = fish3;
plot FS17x5MA = MovingAverage(AverageType.Exponential, fish3, Fish17x5MALength);
FS17x5MA.SetLineWeight(2);
FS17x5MA.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
FS17x5MA.AssignValueColor(if FS17x5MA > FS17x5MA[1] then Color.GREEN else if FS17x5MA == FS17x5MA[1] then Color.WHITE else Color.RED);
plot FT = fish;

plot FS17x5u = if (Sign (fish3 - fish3[1]) > Sign (fish3[1] - fish3[2])) then fish3[1] else Double.NaN;
plot FS8x5u = if (Sign (fish2 - fish2[1]) > Sign (fish2[1] - fish2[2])) then fish2[1] else Double.NaN;
plot FS5x3u = if (Sign (fish1 - fish1[1]) > Sign (fish1[1] - fish1[2])) then fish1[1] else Double.NaN;
plot FTu = if (Sign (fish - fish[1]) > Sign (fish[1] - fish[2])) then fish[1] else Double.NaN;

plot FS17x5d = if (Sign (fish3 - fish3[1]) < Sign (fish3[1] - fish3[2])) then fish3[1] else Double.NaN;
plot FS8x5d = if (Sign (fish2 - fish2[1]) < Sign (fish2[1] - fish2[2])) then fish2[1] else Double.NaN;
plot FS5x3d = if (Sign (fish1 - fish1[1]) < Sign (fish1[1] - fish1[2])) then fish1[1] else Double.NaN;
plot FTd = if (Sign (fish - fish[1]) < Sign (fish[1] - fish[2])) then fish[1] else Double.NaN;
I am going to look into it, but I think the tema inicator from firstwave site is the key since the additions to raf want to hold for trend continuation. There is something to those arrows.

M

madpuri

No luck on my end in getting results. The indicator is now available separately on the site so only a matter of time before it is revealed. Usually someone from tradingview is able to figure it out. I think the brainstorming has run its course unless anybody has some ideas.

Alternatively, someone could always share their charts with the indicator accidentally on it....lol...jk

Last edited:
D

DDW

This turned out to be a very nice buy signal on the daily. On 9-25 we got the 'fire' arrow after the 'ready' and 'aim' signals as well as TTM histogram bar turning yellow from red.

D

DDW

Here are scans for buy and sells on a 30min chart that I got from the Simpler Trading website. They are working well. I changed the "Scan in" criteria from "all stocks" though because you get too much nonsense crap. Best to narrow down the field. You can also of course adjust timeframe to whatever you prefer. Daily also works well for me.

RAF Scan_Buy shared link:
https://tos.mx/mQxh5YB

RAF Scan_Sell shared link:
https://tos.mx/0PpTSED

Last edited:
J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
Here are scans for buy and sells on a 30min chart that I got from the Simpler Trading website. They are working well. I changed the "Scan in" criteria from "all stocks" though because you get too much nonsense crap. Best to narrow down the field. You can also of course adjust timeframe to whatever you prefer. Daily also works well for me.

Thank You

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

Just to eliminate a dozen questions about errors with these. These scans will not work unless your RAF indicator is labeled in the EXACT SAME format as raf indicator in the scans (which looks like it's the premium RAF, not the project in this thread?). All these do are reference the code from those and switch to the buy and sell signals. If the names do not match, the scanner has no idea where to pull its code from

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

These scans are working just fine.
...yea I guess you're right? I guess they have the source code within and blocked? If you go to the script it says no such function, but it's obviously pulling the results from somewhere. Typically you would need to have a chart indicator labeled ST_RAF_Scan for reference so I dunno what wizardry they got goin

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
If we cab adapt the RAF upper to 30min? The scans work for me.

C

cos251

Interested to see how it plays out @DDW.
The MA (GREEN line under the purple FS17x5fish) is still headed up on the Daily chart.
2D Chart shows what looks like a ramp up and maybe even a another up trend on the weekly leading into the election.

D

DDW

Interested to see how it plays out @DDW.
The MA (GREEN line under the purple FS17x5fish) is still headed up on the Daily chart.
2D Chart shows what looks like a ramp up and maybe even a another up trend on the weekly leading into the election.

Helluva train to step in front of for sure!

E

ext99k

Thanks for the link @cos251 -- quick question please, how do you interpret the shaded red and green squares? when it changes to green that means we're not in an uptrend? Thanks a lot.

C

cos251

Thanks for the link @cos251 -- quick question please, how do you interpret the shaded red and green squares? when it changes to green that means we're not in an uptrend? Thanks a lot.
Hi @ext99k - I will try and post a picture later but as far as I am aware the shaded areas are not necessarily trend indicating. I would be very cautious of using them in that fashion. I can tell you that the shaded area corresponds to the SOAPCount variable in the script. The k1v and k2v values in the script are used to calculate the SOAPCount. They are the 5 and 8 Stochastic respectively. The SOAPCount is above and below crosses of each other. As for colors:

1. Dark Red Area (After Red READY Signal) indicates a SOAPCount of -1
  2. Red Area (After Red AIM Signal) indicates a SOAPCount < -1
  3. Dark Green Area (After Green Ready Signal) indicates a SOAPCount of 1
  4. Green Area (After Green AIM Signal) indicates a SOAPCount of > 1
I have a modified version of the 3xStochastics Indicator that shows the Plot of the SOAPCount. I will post a picture for reference tonight if I get a chance. I hope this helps. I know it is not a super detailed explanation of the shaded areas. But again be cautious of using them as trends.
I will say however since I could not figure out what the thrust propulsion squares were coming from in the ST Indicator I used the 34 TEMA and plotted that on the ZERO line for trend. That is a very respectable trend indicator for this setup. I post a picture of this later today also for reference.

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

You'll notice that those squares only kick in after a ready or an aim. They're just there to clarify what phase of a move we're in, so the info really is no different than paying attention to the red or green line occurred most recently