Tweak RAF (ready,aim,fire) to only display Major Buys/Major Sells that are Overbought/Oversold

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dvorakm

2019 Donor
VIP
Does anyone know how I can edit RAF study to only display Major Buys/Major Sells that are Overbought/Oversold. The way it is written is too messy for me.

M

maverick0987

Does anyone know how I can edit RAF study to only display Major Buys/Major Sells that are Overbought/Oversold. The way it is written is too messy for me.
Please share code here and we can help you

C

cos251

Hi All, I've been browsing the site for a couple of months now and am attempting to learn options trading. I have been going through indicators as I try and form my trading style. I am very much interested in writing or customizing some indicators to suit me. I was hoping you all could provide me some information on the Ready Aim Fire indicator sold by Simpler Trading. I have read the thread regarding Carter's indicators. I understand there is no one indicator that is full proof but I would like to know what components are used for an indicator like RAF? I would like to build it myself ( I'm assuming it is a compilation of a few indicators) and would be happy to share here if I can complete it. This is my first post and if I have posted anything inappropriate please forgive me. Thank you so much, this is a very amazing community!

C

cos251

Quick update to this. I also saw the thread that indicated the RAF was just a retooled FisherTransform. I've already taken that study and converted it to a histogram plot. I'm also using the onebarback variable in that indicator with the CCI +-/100 for to plot visual alerts. Hopefully I'm on the right track. Appreciate any info you all can share, thanks so much.

C

cherif

Quick update to this. I also saw the thread that indicated the RAF was just a retooled FisherTransform. I've already taken that study and converted it to a histogram plot. I'm also using the onebarback variable in that indicator with the CCI +-/100 for to plot visual alerts. Hopefully I'm on the right track. Appreciate any info you all can share, thanks so much.
hi. i am curious how did you retool the FisherTransform to make it similar to RAF.. Thanks

C

cos251

Hi cherif. I just went into the default code and changed the plot to a histogram.

Code:
FT.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
I am also plotting the crossing of "fish" and "FTOneBarBack" up and down signals with arrows on a separate upper study above and below candles.
In the image below:
  • Red Down Arrows are are both when "fish" crosses below "FTOneBarBack" and when the same happens within 2 bars and CCI crosses below -100
  • CYAN Up Arrows are when "fish" crosses above "FTOneBarBack"
  • GREEN Up Arrows are when "fish" crosses above "FTOneBarBack" within 2 bars and CCI crosses above +100
This is on the 1 minute chart and therefore is very noisy. Ultimately I would like to clean this up some. I also try and use 5m, 15m charts with the same study's for confirmation as well as the EMA's and VWAP in the image for confirmation before any attempted entry.

Last edited:
F

FOTM_8888

VIP
@cos251 , hi,great job, i really like the Ready Aim FIre indicator, now simpler trading come out with the new version of the RAF.. have you see it? can you work on it.

P

psyko_Squeeze

@dvorakm I just unchecked the show plot for the moderate/minor signals and minor/moderate buy/sell signals.

D

DDW

@cos251 Have you made any heads or tails on reverse engineering Carter's RAF indicator? Great respect for him as a trader and I love his squeeze strategy, but his indicators are way over priced. Saw a short preview of his RAF and was intrigued. Thanks for any help you can provide!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@solaris We do not promote or allow piracy within our community. Please only post the code if you have proper permission from the creator or if the code is already made available publicly by its author.

D

DDW

https://www.simplertrading.com/CODE-replay/

I can post the code to the Old RAF Indicator if someone wants to try and re-work it. just let me know

Please get that code to @cos251 by any means necessary! ;)

I think Carter releases these "Pro" versions in order to squeeze more money out of an indicator. Likely just a few tweaks and he unrolls a new "Pro" version along with a series of paid webinars, etc. Again, I have great respect for Carter as a trader but his indicator racket annoys me.

C

cos251

Agreed BenTen. If anyone can tell me what the indicator is using outside of the FisherTransform I'm happy to hack away at it.

I can also add that from the chart I posted above, I'm using the FisherTransform and CCI in combination as an upper study to provide indication of turning points on multiple timeframes. I have found this to be a great indicator but obviously needs a lot of refining.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mlentsch0

VIP
I saw a webinar of some guys selling 1k for his indicator yada yada wondering if anyone has seen this and or have something similar they use

Status
Not open for further replies.