TradeStation

HSI1600

HSI1600

VIP
Is there a community similar to usethinkscript for trade-station? After two days of not being able to use my desk top and the mobile application not as robust, I am out.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Not that I know of. According to multiple members, and confirmed by TD themselves, you can still trade on the mobile and web platform. The desktop version of ThinkorSwim is the only one getting affected.

MerryDay

MerryDay

VIP
I was on TradeStation for awhile. I was looking for a robust algo-trading platform. I wanted software that could handle complex alerts and compound conditional orders. I wanted unlimited custom watchlist fields. Turns out, that just like there is no Holy Grail trading strategy. There is no perfect platform.

In answer to your question, there is a community inside TradeStation similar to our Think Lounge. But you won't find much coding help. There is a large community of programmers who charge a-la-cart for coding customizations so you won't find anyone giving away help for free.

I came back to TOS mainly due to the support that I get from this site. The members here give so much of their time and effort and are ridiculously smart. A couple of days of app outages won't be driving me away. And as far as TOS is concerned: better the devil I know.

HSI1600

HSI1600

VIP
@MerryDay - Thanks for the feed back. I will stop looking over the fence due to the grass might not be greener (after I saw their data fee structure and a lack of usethinkscript forum). As you said "go with the devil that you know"