Tos.mx Script links no longer working?

S

spm009

Had a bunch of links to scripts saved and recently went to check on them and none of them work. What's going on? Anyone else experience this?

markos

markos

VIP
No idea except to say that links have finite lives. It's best to take your actual codes and save them in Notepad++ or other text editor. Never use Word.

S

spm009

True, didn't think that TOS from the source would go down though.

markos

markos

VIP
Sad part is that we don't know when the finite life is over. Remember, almost everything is kept on TDA servers. That's why I keep the actual code saved in Notepad++ for times just like that. It's just one of those things we learn to accept.

markos

markos

VIP
@spm009 from a different thread:

lzstock">
lzstock

I just got off the phone with TD Ameritrade. Some are having issues accessing the links. I lost access a couple of days ago. They did an update then. They are doing a patch tomorrow night to fix it. The links should be working fine again after that.

The error routes all links to https://tos.mx/center/howToTos

Last edited by a moderator:
traderintheroom

traderintheroom

I wanted to note that per TD rep, the commas that are not displaying in watch-list columns that happened in last weekend's update, should be fixed in this mentioned patch as well.

T

tomsk

VIP
No idea except to say that links have finite lives. It's best to take your actual codes and save them in Notepad++ or other text editor. Never use Word.

Sad part is that we don't know when the finite life is over. Remember, almost everything is kept on TDA servers. That's why I keep the actual code saved in Notepad++ for times just like that. It's just one of those things we learn to accept.

@markos Very well done! You have the absolute right approach! If you noticed, I NEVER maintain any of my own code in tos.mx format for reasons you have outlined above. If I see an interesting study in tos.mx format, I will immediately extract that to a NotePad file. Keeps it simple, and ZERO dependence on TDA server infrastructure that might break.

Having said that I did look into the issue at hand. Turns out that you can still access the underlying code in the tos.mx link. All you need to do is to just copy that link and then go to the TOS platform, and paste it under Setup > Open shared item... Hey presto, you'll have access to the study of interest. A bit inconvenient but it is a workaround until TDA resolves the issue.

Remember: do not click on the link but just copy and paste the link in the manner I have described above. Hopefully TDA fixes the issue soon as there are way too many people that depend on it.