TMO with Higher Agg_Mobius @ TSL

markos

VIP
I use a separate daily and weekly lower study with this below. It has served me better than most indicators I have tried over the past 20 years or more.

Rich (BB code):
 OneNote Archive Name: TMO True Momentum Oscillator with Higher Aggregation _Mobius 
Archive Section: Momentum 
Suggested Tos Name: TrueMomentumOscillator_w_HigherAggregation_Mobius 
Archive Date: 5.15.2018 
Archive Notes:  
08:43 Mobius: Well give it a few days to get altered, munched, distorted and twisted. Then when it get back to being used as intended someone will start making money with it. 
08:45 Mobius: Oh and in my view - It's highest and best use is as designed with a secondary aggregation plotted either on it or with it around 5 to 10 times higher. 
"" indicates an addition or adjustment by the OneNote Archivist 
Original Code Follows 

# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scillator) With Higher Aggregation 
# Mobius 
# V01.05.2018 
#hint: TMO calculates momentum using the DELTA of price. Giving a much better picture of trend, tend reversals and divergence than momentum oscillators using price. 

declare Lower; 

input length = 14; 
input calcLength = 5; 
input smoothLength = 3; 
input agg = AggregationPeriod.Fifteen_min; 

def o = open(period = agg); 
def c = close(period = agg); 
def data = fold i = 0 to length 
           with s 
           do s + (if c > getValue(o, i) 
                   then 1 
                   else if c < getValue(o, i) 
                        then - 1 
                        else 0); 
def EMA5 = ExpAverage(data, calcLength); 
plot Main = ExpAverage(EMA5, smoothLength); 
plot Signal = ExpAverage(Main, smoothLength); 
     Main.AssignValueColor(if Main > Signal 
                           then color.green 
                           else color.red); 
     Signal.AssignValueColor(if Main > Signal 
                             then color.green 
                             else color.red); 
     Signal.HideBubble(); 
     Signal.HideTitle(); 
addCloud(Main, Signal, color.green, color.red); 
plot zero = if isNaN(c) then double.nan else 0; 
     zero.SetDefaultColor(Color.gray); 
     zero.hideBubble(); 
     zero.hideTitle(); 
plot ob = if isNaN(c) then double.nan else round(length * .7); 
     ob.SetDefaultColor(Color.gray); 
     ob.HideBubble(); 
     ob.HideTitle(); 
plot os = if isNaN(c) then double.nan else -round(length * .7); 
     os.SetDefaultColor(Color.gray); 
     os.HideBubble(); 
     os.HideTitle(); 
addCloud(ob, length, color.light_red, color.light_red, no); 
addCloud(-length, os, color.light_green, color.light_green); 
# End Code TMO with Higher Aggregation

Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@markos, If you don't have issue to share the rule , How to use this TMO indicator based on your experience ?

Last edited:
@BenTen Hi Ben, I did see that, but it didn't have Mobius' notes above the header and this on allows an input to change the agg. I'm glad you started this site. It's always nice to have another place to share and learn from.

@San set the agg at daily on a 1 year chart and pull up ANET, you will see how it changed polarity around new years. Just watch it. I like it better than Mobius' RSI in Laguerre Time. I use a daily and weekly chart for trading in-out spreads and back-ratio spreads.

@markos I forgot to mention that my settings are 21 5 3

Last edited:
Try keeping the indicator unchanged first, next, Mobius explained that with adjustable aggregation

placed two TMO's in same field:

> 07:51 Mobius: I added an input for agg and changed the two iData points to include that period. It take 2 min to add a second study with an Agg choice.

> 07:52 Mobius: Then I just dragged one study over the other

@markos , Thanks for sharing your experience. I will adjust the parameter and let see.. In mean while if you make any video session which explain your thoughts its very useful our forum.

Last edited:
@San San, as Thomas posted, try putting your 2 aggs dragged together.

Mobius said that the studys' best use was to use the indicator with 2 aggs; Day/Week or 5min/30min or whatever... It's not how I use it but how it works best for you... there is no need for a video as it is just on indicator among many.

Last edited:
@markos , Ok.. l play with this.. let see.. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
My daily chart has TMO day/week,.....my weekly chart has weekly/monthly overlay,..you can

SW8wlUZ.png

Per Mobius I saw in a chat today:

TMO calculates momentum using the delta of price. Giving a much better picture of trend, tend reversals and divergence than momentum oscillators using price.

So the fold expression sums the variance in delta or the bars where close is greater than open vs the bars where close < open for the length input. That variable is then smoothed three times. The second time as the Main Plot line and the last time as a Signal Line.

Last edited:
Hey Thomas, could you share the .mx link that you have for the lower indicator, please?

@iamaterp When both aggs are combined in a lower chart, the longer agg can help confirm what the product or stock, is doing in a different time frame. Put it on and pull up a daily chart of ANET.. That's the best example I have currently..

Last edited:
@RocketShip You can setup the scanner by selecting something like this. Depending on what kind of signals you're looking for.

RPgiCCC.png

Last edited:
Hello, Ben!
Do you understand what Mobius ment by this fraze:
Oh and in my view - It's highest and best use is as designed with a secondary aggregation plotted either on it or with it around 5 to 10 times higher.

@Thomas Can you please let me know what is on the bottom of the chaart ? LBR indicator?

@Talochka I'm tagging @markos here since he has a better understanding of this indicator than I do. Hopefully Mark will be able to assist you.

Hello, Ben!
Do you understand what Mobius ment by this fraze:
Oh and in my view - It's highest and best use is as designed with a secondary aggregation plotted either on it or with it around 5 to 10 times higher.
@Talochka Hi, it means that it works best when used together as a Day/Week or Week/month, or even 15 minute / 4 hour chart.

The code is the TMO in Daily/Weekly format. It is from member Thomas, he has his Daily with bars.
There are extensive notes on TMO and RSI Laguerre in the Tutorial section.
btw, TMO and RSI Laguerre are the 2 most popular Trend-Momentum Hybrid indicators to be found per a recent survey, I forget where I saw that.❓❓

@BenTen using the example from post #18...I am coming up empty handed...Do I need to select crosses above or below or just simply crosses like you have on the pic? Is there an official TMO scan?

@HighBredCloud It's as simple as what you're trying to scan. Are you looking for when the signal line crosses above the over sold line? If so, you would select the crosses above option and vice versa.

@HighBredCloud I believe that's when the Main line and the Signal line crosses each other. Not sure which one goes first. Play around with different options and you should see it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tenacity11 Archived: TMO True Momentum Oscillator Indicators 346
BenTen TMO True Momentum Oscillator For ThinkOrSwim Indicators 124