Third Party TOS Pattern Indicator - Help!

T

timfor

Hello,

I hope someone can help. I find the pattern indicator on TOS to be useless....if it even works at all.

Does anyone know of a third party developer who has a pattern recognition product for TOS that actually works?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me to a resource.

Tim

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
I agreed. I tried the pattern detectors in ToS before and it works but only after the pattern has been fully recognized, in other words, lagging. That being said, this applied to other patterns "detectors". Your best bet is to learn how to draw these patterns and identify them by yourself.

T

timfor

I agreed. I tried the pattern detectors in ToS before and it works but only after the pattern has been fully recognized, in other words, lagging. That being said, this applied to other patterns "detectors". Your best bet is to learn how to draw these patterns and identify them by yourself.
Ben, thanks for your thoughts.The problem is that there is so many other things i'm looking at during the day, I can easily miss a pattern and that's why having some sort of indicator working in the background is so important to me. For example, I missed an inverse head and shoulder pattern on the SPX today which had it been automatically identified for me, would have allowed me to exit some option credit spreads earlier for profit and taken a directional call play. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Have a great day.