ThinkOrSwim Auto Trading Bot

N

NovLrn10

VIP
"Hello Friends, Here is thinkorswim auto trading bot i have developed. You can execute any thinkscript strategy in real account and execute live trades. This is NOT same as adding manual orders in thinkorswim based on custom study. This is a full automated trading based on the signal received from thinkscript strategy.

The strategy being used by this program must be non-repaiting strategy. Otherwise it would not give the same result as backtest.

This demo is recorded using the simple strategy for demo purpose only. This demo strategy should not be used for real trading.

If anyone of you have any non-repaiting strategy with good backtesting result, you can provide to test with this trading bot. Looking forward to work with any thinkscript experts."

At the beginning of this thread, it sounded like, some breakthru happened in automating TOS strategies. It has been months, and more answers seems to be more complicated and not easy is the answer I noticed. This looks like some snake oil sales pitch than real thing

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@NovLrn10 If something comes to fruition it will not be part of the Thinkorswim platform... TOS, in its current form, is not configurable for auto-trading... And while there is an API, all code runs outside of TOS... You could, however, use TOS for all monitoring and research and then use the external interface for managing trades...

T

tradedaily

@NovLrn10 If something comes to fruition it will not be part of the Thinkorswim platform... TOS, in its current form, is not configurable for auto-trading... And while there is an API, all code runs outside of TOS... You could, however, use TOS for all monitoring and research and then use the external interface for managing trades...

Do you know of any brokers that allow auto-trading?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Do you know of any brokers that allow auto-trading?
TradingView, NinjaTrader, Interactive Brokers, MetaTrader, and more... However, I cannot stress strongly enough how cautious one should be about auto-trading because you could potentially blow up your trade account in hours, minutes, or even seconds if there is a problem with your trade logic... Also remember that even with no commissions you still incur exchange fees for every trade and those fees can add up quickly... Use due diligence before venturing into the auto-trading realm...

N

NovLrn10

VIP
Me personally, I think he was just tricking people into giving their strategies to him so he could run with it.
He seemed way to eager to "test" strategies while being very secretive with his auto trading program.

This is what exactly I think is happening. If someone has a auto trading code, just post that code here.

T

tradedaily

TradingView, NinjaTrader, Interactive Brokers, MetaTrader, and more... However, I cannot stress strongly enough how cautious one should be about auto-trading because you could potentially blow up your trade account in hours, minutes, or even seconds if there is a problem with your trade logic... Also remember that even with no commissions you still incur exchange fees for every trade and those fees can add up quickly... Use due diligence before venturing into the auto-trading realm...

Thank you.

S

Stockbat

Hello everyone... is there any one strategy that does not repaint? Any of the seeded ones in Thinkorswim? I read that any script that uses future bars will repaint. But how to identify such future bars in the script and how to fix it?
Thanks.

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Stockbat If my memory serves me correctly, there are only a couple of repainting indicators on this forum and they're marked as such if you read about them. Everything else should not repaint. However, a non-repainting strategy does not mean profitable backtesting results.

S

Stockbat

Thanks BenTen. I will try to go through more of the strategies here. I'm reading about the API's for the trade bot. I understand there are ways to build strategies in other languages, but I am more comfortable with thinkscript (courtesy of usethinkscript) I would prefer to work on something which I can share here or seek help/guidance.

J

jposeyx2

A company from the U.K. (Altredo.com) claims to have an auto-trading robot for TOS.
I read a previous post herein that stated TOS doesn't allow auto-trading....

How would Altredo get around that issue ?
Regards,
Jim

B

bubz

VIP
TOS cant auto trade, the closest you can do is Conditional Orders. They are probable running orders outside of TOS.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
A company from the U.K. (Altredo.com) claims to have an auto-trading robot for TOS.
I read a previous post herein that stated TOS doesn't allow auto-trading....

How would Altredo get around that issue ?
Regards,
Jim
Altredo IS a trading platform in and of itself... It can be configured to work with several Brokers including TOS, NinjaTrader, Interactive Brokers, MetaTrader, etc via API's... So Altredo is the charting and trading software but it ties into various Brokerages for executions of user account trades...

J

jposeyx2

Altredo IS a trading platform in and of itself... It can be configured to work with several Brokers including TOS, NinjaTrader, Interactive Brokers, MetaTrader, etc via API's... So Altredo is the charting and trading software but it ties into various Brokerages for executions of user account trades...

Ahhh ! Thank you
Jim