"SuperComboBullBear" and Linus's Supertrend

Shinthus

Shinthus

VIP
Linus has a few really nice supertrend scripts in the ThinkScript_Cloud. Here are 2 I found useful:

SuperComboBullBear - #hint: SuperTrend of price, RSI and Ultimate Oscillator, combined with Chandelier stops.

Supertrend - #hint: Alternative SuperTrend algorithm.

When you go into the properties, you'll notice how you can change the movingavg type from Simple, Exponential, Wilders, Hull, and Weighted. I'm still trying to figure out which would be best for these.

Contrary to what many think, I actually like using ATR trailing stop-esque indicators for both entry and management of a trade. These both might even work well together if you use one as an entry and the other to manage. I'm thinking this might work very well with AMM (Advanced Market Moves) indicator. Maybe use that as entry, and these as management. We should mix and match to see what is most effective.

Would appreciate your feedback after testing.

markos

markos

VIP
Try Wilders, Weighted and Exponential. Trial and Error. Anything that Linus codes up is going to be written correctly. He's a pro. I like his stuff but sadly, not the way I trade. :( PS, follow him at MyTrade.com

markos

markos

VIP
We need to remind people that the thinkscript cloud by JQ is in the Tutorials section as the Universe of Thinkscript. That way people can search Universe in the box at the top...

T

thinky

@mo2020 Original post has 2 links for the code: ThinkScript study_20190807_1 & ThinkScript study_20190807_2.

markos

markos

VIP
how to get the code
@mo2020 Please read the Tutorial Section, especially thinkScript Q&A with Links .
Contact support: you are entitled to a free TOS tour. Write down 10 questions so that they can answer about areas you are most interested in.
Lastly, please fill out your signature line. Thank you!