Super Extreme Candle

Schnyder

Hi all,

Anyone have this type of candle in your charts? Its super large in range (the green stick pointed with a yellow arrow) that it simply must be an error of the price data. I will attached a picture to illustrate what I am talking about. Is there a way to amend the price data in ThinkorSwim to fix this kind of price data? @BenTen could this be another bug of solely paper account only platform? I post as new thread after searching the forum and no result of this topic. Feel free to move it into relevant thread as with my first post. Thanks in advance.

Extremely-Large-range.jpg

Slippage

I don't trade Forex but I've have seen similar erroneous candles on stocks, not as big as in your screen shot but big enough to be obviously wrong. It's a glitch in the data and it's not specific to paper trading. There's nothing that can be done to fix it on our end. I used to trade on another platform that had this problem far more often than TOS does.

Schnyder

@Pensar it is exactly as you have said it! I wrote to ThinkorSwim support and they came back with exactly what you have said! Thanks for replying my question as well! you have a nice day :)

@rad14733 I dont see no "!" in the upper left hand corner of my chart....

rad14733

VIP
"!"Sometimes this indicates that your lower (script) chart is not able to be displayed or your script is complex and is experiencing greater load time.

Clicking on the "!" will display a message describing the reason it is there... It can be upper or lower indicator related... Most often it has to do with timeframes but not always... For example, earlier this evening I got one while testing a script on a non-matching timeframe for the aggregation period in the study... And this afternoon I got one because I entered the symbol WOOF on a chart and because the symbol was only recently listed there wasn't enough trade data for the indicators to evaluate properly for the timeframe selected...

TechRancher

Clicking on the "!" will display a message describing the reason it is there... It can be upper or lower indicator related... Most often it has to do with timeframes but not always... For example, earlier this evening I got one while testing a script on a non-matching timeframe for the aggregation period in the study... And this afternoon I got one because I entered the symbol WOOF on a chart and because the symbol was only recently listed there wasn't enough trade data for the indicators to evaluate properly for the timeframe selected...
Good to know. Thanks for the deeper knowledge into this symbol. In one way this is a form of a debugger for us who write scripts.