How do I code to eliminate this?

See Detail

hsjhrTG.png

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
Are you talking about doing the opposite aka shorting the stock? You would need to set it to Sell to Open and Buy to Close.

StockT8er

VIP
Code:
def BuySignal = if BuyDiff crosses above 0  then 1 else 0;
def SellSignal = if SellDiff crosses below 0 then 1 else 0;

AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, RTH and (BuySignal + BuySignal[-1]) / 2, price = BuyorderPrice, tickcolor = GetColor(1), arrowcolor = GetColor(1), name = "CDS_LE_G");

AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, (SellSignal + SellSignal[-1]) / 2, price = SellorderPrice, tickcolor = GetColor(0), arrowcolor = GetColor(0), name = "CDS_SE");
or
AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, RTH and BuySignal[-1], price = BuyorderPrice, tickcolor = GetColor(1), arrowcolor = GetColor(1), name = "CDS_LE_G");

AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, SellSignal[-1], price = SellorderPrice, tickcolor = GetColor(0), arrowcolor = GetColor(0), name = "CDS_SE");

Both will do it when it Buys and sells same bar. it will always list the sell first then buy, therefore not register as a win or loss or break even in the PL_Lablers Strategy

Last edited:

StockT8er

VIP
i'm just showing 2 examples of how I have entered them. This one I just coded to see if it would help with false signals, have not tested yet
(BuySignal + BuySignal[-1]) / 2

rad14733

VIP
Can't really make a determination without seeing the ENTIRE script... Not providing it just delays your getting a good answer... Give us something to work with...