Strategies for Trading Leveraged and Inverse ETFs

• Thread starter GetRichOrDieTrying
  • Start date
G

GetRichOrDieTrying

Anyone trading leveraged or inverse etfs? NUGT, DUST, TQQQ, SQQQ, LABU, LABD, UCO, SCO. I've been trying to trade them. Any ideas for developing an edge for trading these ETFs or any indicators or custom thinkscript ideas?

markos

markos

VIP
It really depends on your time frame and what product you want to work with.
In a trending market, my suggestion, not recommendation, is RSI Laguerre with Fractal Energy or TMO, Time Momentum Oscillator.
Leverage can wipe an account out in a hurry, please use with caution. Use the Search Bar above to find either one of these.
btw, how long have you been trading/investing?

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

It really depends on your time frame and what product you want to work with.
In a trending market, my suggestion, not recommendation, is RSI Laguerre with Fractal Energy or TMO, Time Momentum Oscillator.
Leverage can wipe an account out in a hurry, please use with caution. Use the Search Bar above to find either one of these.
btw, how long have you been trading/investing?

Thanks Markos. I've been trading for 1 year with varying degrees of success. Do you have any recommendations on entry and exit signals for the indicators you mentioned?

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

Thanks Markos. I've been trading for 1 year with varying degrees of success. Do you have any recommendations on entry and exit signals for the indicators you mentioned?

As far as timeframes, I should also mention that I use the 1H for longterm trend, 15M for mediumterm trend and I trade the 5M

markos

markos

VIP
I don't day trade so I shouldn't be the last person you ask, however, there is plenty information on this site.

I do understand that a number of day traders use the ORB along with the RSI Laguerre + Supertrend. This site has it's share of Day Traders.

I cannot give you a clue regarding trading 2x & 3x products. They re-set every night so each day is truly a new day as far as they are concerned.
Be sure you've done your research on that. 4 to 6 yrs ago, both a Bull & a Bear 3x fund in the same product both lost over 70%. You'd have to look that up.